Dairy bottle but what product?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

crkgrl

Reaction score
Found this from a local dairy, on the river bank this summer. Great markings down to the plant manager at the time. What do you think it stored? Cream? Cottage cheese?. Kind of small for milk. It is 5 1/2 " high and 3" across.

Wu60069.jpg

Attachments

• Wu60069.jpg
    Wu60069.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 92

crkgrl

Reaction score
Hey thanks, Woody.

Right now the debate is about even between cottage cheese or cream. Any tie breakers?

crkgrl

Reaction score
The winner is---cream container!!! Please thank your wife. I have never seen a cottage cheese container, of this era, but it seems it might be more of a shorter, pot like, vessel.

madman

Reaction score
hey crkgrl , i think it may be cottage cheese jar, ive found similar jars that read cottage cheese. anyway nice find!!!! i dont find to many mike

crkgrl

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, Mad and Froggy.

Darn, the debate is back on. Our self professed oracle on these type of finds, said, "cottage cheese." Later the cream debate began. It is fun though.

The container is really a work of art with all the info concerning the dairy itself and their emblem embedded in the glass. Pretty cool..

capsoda

Reaction score
BUTTER MILK!!! Just Jokin. Most cottage cheese bottles say cottage cheese on them. My wife agrees with Woodys wife. Cream.

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to say cottage cheese. The mouth on it seems to be rather large and I would think it would be hard to pour cream out of that. I have some cottage cheese caps I will post later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete