dark purple bottle ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sweetrelease

Reaction score
hi i just got a bottle from a "very" small time dealer here in nj. it is dark purple and reads j. clapham botanical chemist wade ln & kelsalls leeds .it is really crude with bubbles and bent neck. by question is the color,it made me think as soon as i saw it .it is stunning but the dark purple made me think it could of been messed with.the thing is this guy might of had maybe 10 or so bottles at his shop.all pretty much local dug bottles so i would think he might not be into making bottles purple.so first have you guys and girls ever heard of this bottle and do some bottle really come in a dark purple almost black color.i will have pic up soon thanks again ,matt https://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k38/mattmichelle/?action=view&current=IM000660.jpg
https://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k38/mattmichelle/?action=view&current=IM000662.jpg
https://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k38/mattmichelle/?action=view&current=IM000661.jpg here are some pics ,matt

appliedlips

Reaction score
Matt,

I think that is the color glass that bottle was blown in.That is not a color achieved through irradiation or a light box.I hate to admit how I know but I do.Not many American bottles were blown in that color with the exception of hair bottles but I have seen a good number of European bottles in those colors.It is a beautiful bottle,English in orgin,and 100% original.Great find,Doug

sweetrelease

Reaction score
thanks , the look of the bottle made me think not the u.s.a because it just did not seem like most i have dug or have seen from hear.it is thick and has bubbles "everywhere" .thanks again for the reply if you get more on this please let me know thanks ,matt

KentOhio

Reaction score
Sorry, that one is a fake. I have an emerald green one with the sticker still on the bottom that says Made In China.

sweetrelease

Reaction score
really no made in china sticker on it and it does not follow the china making.it is heavy crude and i have seen many china bottles if this is one than it is a really good one.most chine bottles seems go through the whole bottle this one stops at the neck.and the bubbles are everywhere.do you have a pic of your bottle thanks ,matt

treasurekidd

Reaction score
Wether real or not, it's still a sweet looking bottle. I hope it's not a fake Matt. Good luck with it!

kastoo

Reaction score
That isn't a fake..he's just pulling your shovel...fakes are only well known bottles and that is not one. Nice bottle

sweetrelease

Reaction score
you know i thought that at first [:mad:]but played it safe[;)] something about this bottle makes me think. what is a botanical chemist anyway?? ether why it makes me say wow!! thanks ,matt

treasurekidd

Reaction score
A botanical chemist would be a chemist who specializer in fertilizers or weed control chemicals. Plant related stuff.

sweetrelease

Reaction score
thanks i was going with that but you can never know with what some of these old bottles say!!told my wife i was going to put it on ebay and she took it and hid it from me[:D] oh well one more for the window ,matt

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles