Dead forum?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mabel

Reaction score
When I began searching for bottle web sites a few years ago there was a very active site called Worldwide Antique Bottle Collectors. Now it very rarely has a new posting. Does anyone know why nobody is posting there anymore?

diggerjeff

Reaction score
this is the largest bottle forum at this time and i would bet most of there members have moved to this forum. you got to stay were the action is.

Pontiled

Reaction score
DiggerJeff is right! This is an active site with lots of collectors/dealers as members and they range from young to (cough cough) old, novices and advanced, curious to very experienced. I just wish there more categories. For example, on another section, they wanted me to tell them about some of my experiences, but that would take a lot of time and it would have to be put on this site (Chat).

We have a good time and you never see any bickering.

John Sudul

Reaction score
No doupt about it , this is a GREAT laid back , easy going, site . Which I am proud to be a member of!! Lets keep it up!!

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hey John, I'm with you, I've 'met' a lot of people, have had great conversations, and yes, made friends in the process since joining this 'fellowship'.[:)] And John, now I have a confession to make, regarding YOU!!!. Especially in light of the subject matter of this thread - 'DEAD FORUM? - When I first saw your name come up, it gave me a start. Here's the story - I had a friend who was a year ahead of me in high school named JOHN SUDUL. After graduation, he decided to pack around the country to 'find himself'. (This was in 1970) We heard from him from time to time from different parts of the country..then puff, nothing! We thought maybe he just wanted to 'vanish' and start a new life. Well, anyway, the last we had heard from him he was camping out by the Grand Canyon. His family became worried, and arranged for a search, but nothing was found. Several years later, a climber came across a backpack with John's wallet in it on the top of a cliffside of the canyon. No trace of John was ever found, and the theory was that he must have walked over the edge in the darkness when camping, or that an animal dragged him off. So when I saw your name.......[&:]

bigkitty53

Reaction score
Hi Mabel,
Like you,I used to post on Mike Sheriden's site.And like many of us here have now moved to this one as soon we found it! Mike's site's "host"s,Tripod and Geocities, pumped so much spam into my email account I eventually changed my address![:mad:] Then they wanted me to PAY for the privilage! Until I found this site back in February[:D], I hadn't found any antique bottle forums worth joining in years.
That's why I'm no longer active on Mike's site.Wouldn't be suprised if the majority who were once there have similar stories[:'(]

Besides,the Admin here's more tolerant of newbies![;)]Cheers,Roger!

KAT

old digger

Reaction score
Me also, just felt to new here to ask until someonelse did!! Old Digger needs some dirt moved so give it up buddy, we want the rest of the story!!!!!![;)]

mabel

Reaction score
Thanks, Roger. I've been curious what went wrong with that site.
Thank heavens the Admin here puts us with novices like myself.
And I promise not to use the word "dead" in the threads title again -- it seems to set off mental associations: interesting but odd. Mabel

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles