Depression Glass

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CrewelaDeVil

Reaction score
I know this not about bottles, but I would appreciate some advice. I have been collecting royal ruby for about 10 yrs. I want to start selling it but I am concerned about prices. I checked out ebay and they just aren't selling like it used to be for this glass. I have cocktail shakers, dish sets, snack sets,you name it lol Of course I want the prices I should get....is there another venue to sell that I should be thinking about?
wondering if I should "rent" a case at a local antique co-op or do ebay. What are your opinions?
Any and all opinions welcome.
Thanks!

karis66

Reaction score
It all depends on what you have.You say you have allot.Do you have enough to rent a spot? Do you have hard to find pieces? Salt &pepper shakers are some of hard to find pieces they are easily lost or one me be broken .How much time do you want to invest? What the cost of rent? I Would make a list Ebay/Rent/Cosiment shop
Then the cost of each
The amount of time that would be need
There are so many If's......If you need any current prices on your pieces I Could help you out the best i can. I would just take your time and don't rush into any thing Kari

spyder

Reaction score
I have found that some stuff does better on ebay, flea markets, antique shops, yard sales. I have found cocktail shakers with matching glasses do very well for me on ebay, while salt and pepper shakers sell good at flea markets. Everything also depends on what time of the year it is. Take your time and do some research. If you have any local craft /antique shows near you.....a lot of small towns around me have them once a year. I think your items will do well at one.

CrewelaDeVil

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I did some research yesterday. A spot at a local co-op is 85 per month. I am leaning towards that right now because time is short for me this summer. I also would be able to "work the floor" for money off my spot. I do have some pieces that are good, so I would rather have them in a cabinet I suppose. I am having problems finding a price for a few items. The first one is a condiment set by New Martinsville Radiance in ruby. However most of the condiment sets I see have a tray, 2 s+p, a creamer and a sugar. The set I have has the s+p, 2 cruets with stoppers and the tray. I have only seen it in an old New Martinsville book....no prices there. I know the s+p alone has sold for over $100.- Any ideas there?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete