Did some digging yesterday....[pics]

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
nice finds. the cross is probably made of teak wood and lead. thats why it survived. Matt.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey DF...

Nice diggins you got there... great job!

Now, about that "old Guy" comment on your friend Brian being 50 and diggin almsot as hard as you... what exactly did you mean by that?[8|] You weren't suggesting that anyone in their fifties are half the digger you are, were you?[:eek:] Or were you simply amazed that fifty year olds can still fling dirt that far?[:eek:]

Underwater, no one can see how I throw dirt... but my diving buddies have been absolutely amazed at the tree tunks, logs, pilings, rocks and debris that I move...[:eek:]
They love coming in after me when all the dust settles! Sometimes you need that "brute strength and animal attitude" to "Git-R-Dug" no matter what element you're diggin or diving in.[;)] What do ya think, friend?[&:]

Wayne

PS I would like to come up with a drawing or something to go with "Git-R-Dug" as an idea for another selection for the Antique-Bottle.net T-shirt. I might even just put it in another post.

dirtflicker

Reaction score
I would never insinuate that a 50 year old digger can't dig as hard or as deep as me.....because my digging partner and BEST FRIEND, Brian digs twice as hard and as deep as I could ever dig. I was merely giving a compliment to all the diggers that have reached that age and still have the ability to put a 28 year old youngin to shame. It goes to show you that just because you may be considered "over the hill," thatif you keep your body in shape, you can dig as hard as ANY younger fella. I hope I did not offend anyone......my comment was meant as a compliment to those of you that are 50 or over and still get out and tear it up......I am 28 and dig with my best friend, who is 49 years old......he leaves me in the dust and is almost 20 years older than me....not to mention the fact he is a loyal friend who I can trust. So your answer Wayne, is that I envy the older diggers and learn from them...I am inferior to them.....they are not inferior to me........

GIT-R-DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG!!!!!!!!!!

DF

Fd91415.jpg

Attachments

• Fd91415.jpg
    Fd91415.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 56

Caretaker maine

Reaction score
Mattey, first off nice stuff, got a couple of pipe I see in the pic, love digging them, Wayne's just joking, I saw him at the show and the rest of the guys, and for the most of them(except Taz) they looked 10 years older than me and I'm 51, so they must be 80[:D] for Brian, he's amazing to dig all day, I go about 3 hours and kneel down, I bring a small rug , so I don't cut my knees, he must have a strong back, or onces he sees bottles he feels no pain[:)], keep digging and posting, hey Wayne I saw this pic and thought of you, bet this would be a good place to check http://www.mainememory.net/bin/Detail?ln=16863

portland med. man

Reaction score
kneel down and worship us old diggers you newbie hahhaahahah just kiddin dirt nice score of bottles.. some of us just have that extra omf ...........

Caretaker maine

Reaction score
John, I also been in construction for 30 years, some days I can't even close my hand tight, that's what motin is for, so we can go to work after a big dig [:D]I wish I was as smart as I am now, 30 years ago we found bottle dumps, clearing house lots and used them for target practice at lunch time, if I could go back in time the places I've been[:eek:]

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Dirtflicker...

C'mon Matt... you know I was just kiddin ya...[;)] I envy your energy and determination to get out there so often and I am jealous of your finds (sometimes) Heck, I'd have trouble gettin out of some of those holes you dig!![:eek:]

It's easy for me to get out of the water or off the bottom and if I can't get out of the water, I just float around until some fisherman comes by to take a look at that big, rubber covered thing goin out with the tide! As long as they don't think I'm a big tuna or something they can throw a harpoon into...[:D]

You keep it up and like Obi-Wan-CAPSODA says, "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain..."

Wayne[&:]

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Caretaker...

Hey Steve, you're right about that old photograph/postcard. I've seen that one before and it would be a great spot to investigate... Thanks for reminding me about it![;)]

Wayne

dirtflicker

Reaction score
Thanks Wayne....and I took NO offense to your comments...I have learned a lot from those that have more experience than me....I may have the brute strength as a youngin......but I envy those who are twice my age, with twice my experience, that can still out-dig me. Heres to you Mr. over-the-hill-digger man........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! Thant was a Joke.......

DF[;)]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey