Didja see this? EBay refunds 30 million EBayMotors

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

towhead

Reaction score
My dad called today to ask if I got a check from EBay...I say, "What?" ...he and one of his friends got a check in the mail from EBay...EBay motors was overcharging on final value fees...I wonder if they were also over-charging on "regular" EBay stuff as well... Here's the story... ~Julie

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/settlements/15337/ebay-reaches-30-million-settlement-in-motors-fee.html

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
Its just because they deal with automotive and realstate type stuff differently (to try and get more money of course). But they failed to follow their own rules it seems.

carobran

Reaction score
they sure are generous aint they?[8|].....now you can go buy a couple candy bars[8|][;)]

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
I got a check for 11 cents. It cost me 13 cents in gas to drive to the bank to cash it. These class action suites are for the lawyers to make money.

glass man

Reaction score
Yep Matt:those class action suites . Pretty serious when it comes to medicines that kills people or or screws them up. Then the lawyers sue...but the med. companies still make plenty and the lawyers make plenty .....glad things are better then the 19th century![:-]

At least Ebites ain't killing people....I don't guess!JAMIE

LC

Reaction score
I got a check for thirteen cents , was going to throw it away , but being the money comes out of eBay's pocket , I will be sure to cash it at some time or another . I am sure the blood sucking attorneys did well though .

Jim

Reaction score
I cashed my huge 20-cent check last week, but I sure as hell didn't make a special trip for it. I had to call and make sure the bank had that kind of cash on hand, though [8D]

I agree, these are basically junk lawsuits that mainly benefit the trial lawyers. They do deserve some compensation for their work, but it's laughable when they make a few million, score me a check for two whole dimes, and they're "standing up for my rights" and all that funny junk. ~Jim

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26