Dig photo's

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

IRISH

Reaction score
Finally got around to takeing photos of the finds last week.

This is what I got, I'll ask Chris to post his in this thread too. There is five different John Fletcher Codd's from Warrnambool, a Martin lamont from North Fitzroy, and a few crown seals and junk, I've done better but it's not too bad for two days (three days really but I didn't get anything the first day). There is a bit more not in the photo but nothing significant.

I also found a broken Alfred Darby Warrnambool 13Oz Dobson Codd with the Iron cross trade mark, these are exceptionally rare and I don't think there is a complete one, it's the first bit of one I've ever seen.

Mk26984.jpg

Attachments

• Mk26984.jpg
    Mk26984.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 70

IRISH

Reaction score
Here is a close up of the J.Martin with the bird (Martin) trade mark, these are fairly hard to get. Bottle was made by Kilner Bros in England. Fitzroy is an inner suburb of Melbourne.

Ge95374.jpg

Attachments

• Ge95374.jpg
    Ge95374.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 74

bigkitty53

Reaction score
NICE FINDS IRISH!
Is it the photo,or does the Dobson's have an amethyst tint to it?

KAT

IRISH

Reaction score
Funny you should ask that [:D] , I've been looking at it in all different lights and been hopeing it's going to be the first amethyst Warrnambool Codd I've seen and in that photo it really looks like it is. I've found a lot of more modern clear codd's from there that don't change though, this one is older, I'll know for sure in a few months I suppose [;)] .

bigkitty53

Reaction score
Well at least it's still the height of summer down there so hopefully in a couple of months you'll report back,yeah,she's got that lavender look after all![:D]

Good luck with it IRISH!

KAT

kastoo

Reaction score
I like that big crown top cordial on the far left. If you'd ever like to trade it for something let me know. Maybe I have it or can find it!

wootten

Reaction score
looks like a great find-gonna look to see if I have any of them-good luck-let us know-wendy

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4