Digging finds from Sunday

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

UnderMiner

Reaction score
It is. That was nasty stuff, they recognized at the time that Vapo-Cresolene was poisonous but still thought that it would be a good idea to vaporize and inhale it.
That's crazy. My grandma said back in her day the adults use to believe breathing in tar fumes was healthy and once she met an old immigrant lady who suggested blood-letting as a cure, and this was all the way into the late 1930's.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's crazy. My grandma said back in her day the adults use to believe breathing in tar fumes was healthy and once she met an old immigrant lady who suggested blood-letting as a cure, and this was all the way into the late 1930's.
Yeah Vapo-Cresolene was pretty much coal tar. Incredibly it was apparently still on the market in the1950s!

LalaGirl

Reaction score
It is. That was nasty stuff, they recognized at the time that Vapo-Cresolene was poisonous but still thought that it would be a good idea to vaporize and inhale it.
I thought it must be. Thanks for replying! =)

Still

Reaction score
Continuing this thread as it is the same dump: More finds from last night:
Blank slug plate milk (its pretty cool and is a gift for my mom)
Nice Aqua pickle
Surprisingly these didn't flash crack. Thats a big problem at this dump as lots of great bottles have flashed cracked since pulling them out despite my best efforts. Yes a bunch of these bottles here are marked Root so I get that, but I think the clay soil here compresses these bottles too much and cracks them over time and the pressure change might be a factor...
Anyways,
Still
IMG_9610.jpeg
IMG_9612.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac