Digging for bottles? Just harvest them!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Xaquin

Reaction score
went out today for about 15 minutes and tried the ground around the tree bulb. It is FULL of bottles.

just a quick FYI: when probing the ground, don't push too hard or you could break a beautiful Chero-Cola Bottle

I ended up with (2) Chero Cola Bottles (I broke one), (2) Chero Cola Soda Water Bottles (1 was already broken), an A G Herrmann bottle with what looks like a kid next to 2 mailboxes, a Clicquot Club Bottle, another Renz Beverages Bottle (this one was damaged), and several bottles of the same type with no markings what-so-ever (they remind me of hot sauce bottles though)

I'm looking forward to having some real time to go around the tree bulb some more.

Xaquin

Reaction score
UPDATE!

I cleaned (as best I could) and took much more detailed pictures of four of my bottles and created a flickr site for them. The link below should work!

Any estimates on value?

Also, if you look at the pat 1915 coke, the number on the bottom of the skirt was clearly stamped (embossed?) twice. the last number is a 4 over a 3. Not sure if that makes a difference value-wise

thanks for looking!

First Four Bottles

Oldmill

Reaction score
Awsome dig and post thanks for sharing thats my kind of digging I wish I had a bottle tree here in maine

green dragon

Reaction score
Something wrong there, I don't see any snow .

Killer tree - I'd be thrilled to stumble on that . Need somehting to get me going agian - been 2 YEARS since I posted here, nearly that long since I got out to dig.. :(

Keep posting and digging :)

Xaquin

Reaction score
well, due to rain, I didn't feel comfortable going under the tree bulb, so I decided to try the area around it again.

I ended up only finding two unbroken bottles.

(1) Chero Cola Soda Water (Washington D.C.) bringing my total up to 5 of them

and

(1) SAS-O Bottle with the WOH monogram. I understand they were only around for a few years, so hopefully it will clean up nice and sell well =)

it's funny, if none of my bottles sell, at the very least I'll have one heck of a Washington D.C. deco soda collection lol

if I only had a place to display them =(

edit:

I also brought back the 6 identical medicine (I guess) bottles I found but didn't have the hands to carry =)

Xaquin

Reaction score
ALRIGHTY!

These are my bottle tree finds so far (minus the beers and a bottle stopper)

First the ones I've not finished cleaning ....

Top Left to Top Right:

(2) Unknown Bottles .... both have an 'O' inside a Square though the markings are slightly different looking

(1) Renz Beverages Bottle (Washington D.C.) .... Upon cleaning, I found several hairline fractures in the bottle (though it still holds water and the cracks are only visible at certain angles

(1) Chamberlain's Bottle

Bottom Left to Bottom Right:

(1) Clicquot Bottle (Washington D.C.) .... Looks to be in pretty nice shape once cleaned

(1) Unknown Bottle .... No markings at all that I can find

(1) A. G. Herrmann Bottle (Washington D.C.)

(3) Chero-Cola Soda Water Bottles (Washington D.C.) .... All have 'Patent Pending' on the bottom followed by a different number (1, 8, and 11)

(1) Chero-Cola Soda Water Bottle (Colombus, GA)

IMG_8379_zpsdb7cefb7.jpg

Now for the clean ones!

Left to Right:

(1) Coca-Cola Pat'd 1915 .... No City or State and the bottom code (576 EG 24) was double stamped with a 4 over the 3.

(2) Chero-Cola Bottles (Washington D.C.)

(1) S. LEFAS Bottle (Washington D.C.) .... Early Orange Crush Bottle

IMG_8382_zps298a6b72.jpg

And more clean ones!

Left to Right:

(1) Chero-Cola Soda Water Bottle (Colombus, GA)

(1) SAS-O Bottle (Washington D.C.)

(1) Renz Beverages Bottle (Washington D.C.)

(1) Chero-Cola Soda Water Bottle (Washington D.C.)

(1) Orange Crush Bottle (Washington D.C.)

IMG_8386_zps3c6dac7f.jpg

These 7 are I guess maybe medicine bottles of some kind .... I love them, but can't for the life of me think of what to do with them. 3 of them need more cleaning, but they'll all look perfect once I get a good test tube brush.

IMG_8389_zps1f962de2.jpg

Also not pictured are (1) Chero-Cola, (1) Renz Beverages, and (1) SAS-O Cola that have fairly bad chips or cracks in them.

I feel bad throwing them away, but I don't want them and I doubt anyone would want to buy them.

Ah well

Asterx

Reaction score
Congrats on the finds. If you frequent flea markets you might find a buyer for a couple of dollars. I usually keep all my slicks and commons together so I can bring a bunch at once. I've gotten fairly friendly with a few vendors that buy a box off of me about once a month for around $15-$20. Its some gas money in the pocket or some spare change to buy yet another bottle with [;)]

Xaquin

Reaction score
Today I got 3 more Renz Beverages (2 look ok, and 1 has two obvious chips), 1 Amber Slick, 1 McCormick Co. Baltimore, 1 Aqua Bottle with no markings, and 1 Presumed Medicine Bottle that has no markings

Plumbata

Reaction score
Nice deco sodas, I rather like the hobnailed "soda water" bottles for some reason. Hope you manage to pull some more 1915 cokes out of there (with a town embossed). Looks like a good spot, keep us posted as you keep finding stuff!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson