Digging

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ILUV2DIG

Reaction score
I have not dug bottles for years. I recently decided to get get back in the frey. The weather is getting cooler now so it is easy to get outside without sweating your but off. I recently met a digger that has been digging in this area for the better part of his life. He gave me the location of a couple huge old dumps. I guess he doesn't dig anymore. Anyways, I wanted to share a couple of my better finds.

1006351800x600.jpg

1006355800x600.jpg

1006354800x600.jpg

1006352800x600.jpg

druggistnut

Reaction score
Really like the SO bottles.
Wonder if they are Standard Oil? I have dug bottles from them in the past, but not in that shape or color. Have you seen non- screw cap variants of those?
You're definitely in a good area. The Indian Remedy and St Jacobs oil are good indicators.
Good luck and take your time getting back in to the physical grind.
Bill

ILUV2DIG

Reaction score
Druggistnut,

I have dug one of the S.O. COMPANY bottles before years ago. I believe they are a local cosmetic. The strange thing is that they are screw top, but blown with a ground top? Just strange? The green color is great. I will take some more pictures after I clean them up a little. There was a lot of common bottles and slicks in there as well. I just took photos of the ones I thought were neat. Some of the bottles that come out of this area are very sick. Lots of ash.

ILUV2DIG

Reaction score
I also have a question regarding the ST. JACOBS OEL bottle; why is it spelled "OEL" on the first line and then spelled "OIL" on the second line in the embossing. I found that very strange?

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
those SO bottles look to be blown to me. i think they are ground lip looking at these photos. i certainly see stretch marks in the neck and that style does not look to be made in a machine.

j.dinets

Reaction score
The word "oel" is the german spelling of oil, the labeled bottle has the instructions in German as well as English, I think that's why there is a translation line embossed directly below the other. Good luck in your digging, seems like a great area.

ILUV2DIG

Reaction score
Went back to the spot today. I dug a bunch of slicks and damaged stuff and then I recovered this. I think it is either an atomizer or a small oil lamp. It is blown with a sheared top. Any help regarding this item would be helpful. Thanks and happy digging.

photouxb.jpg

ILUV2DIG

Reaction score
I am having difficulty finding information regarding this bottle. It is embossed: "THE CELEBRATED INDIAN BALM REMEDIES." Thanks for any help.

1006354800x600.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR