Digging

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ILUV2DIG

Reaction score
Seems like green is a popular color in this dump. I dug this nice green master ink today. Thats an unusual color for an ink. I have seen them in amber, clear and cobalt but never in this green color. Nice window bottle!

greenu.gif

Plumbata

Reaction score
That is a nice green color! But... Is it still dirty? Hope it is rather than being afflicted with glass sickness. Good stuff regardless though. [:)]

ILUV2DIG

Reaction score
Plumbata,

I actually just dug it when I took that photo. In fact I just got home from the dig site. Here is another photo of what I think is a german embossed bottle. It is very small. Not sure what it was exactly.

germannh.jpg

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I dug a few of them in dumps and privy's. I think that word below Hamburger is "DROPS" in German. Could have been for anything.

j.dinets

Reaction score
The blue bottle definitely looks like an atomizer base. They often had pewter tops, which were held in place with a plaster like material. The top allowed for a threaded insert which would allow for a spray bulb and internal tube to be attatched. Over time the plaster weakens and the top becomes detatched, and the pewter top becomes friable and falls apart when dug. Looks like a great place to dig, good luck.

ILUV2DIG

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wanted to thank you all again for all the help. I got back out there for a quick dig again today. I dug a bunch of stuff, but this was the only one worth taking a photo of. It's a common toilet water bottle in the regular size but this is the first sample sized one I have dug. Enjoy the pictures and good luck.

samplev.jpg

sample2zq.jpg

ILUV2DIG

Reaction score
Here's a previous thread, where he made another appearance.

Thanks for the link to the previous thread surfaceone. I found it very educational.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1