DIGGS???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

shell

Reaction score
How is it that you guys find out about "digs"? This is the first time I've ever heard of people actualing going to a place and digging for old bottles. How do you know there are bottles there? Sound very interesting.

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
One word: research. We look for places where bottles might be, and stuff like that. Many parks were once old dumps.[:D]

digdug

Reaction score
Research is good, like diggerboy mentioned. Local library and historical society is a good place to start. Plus-just looking. I took my nephew out to a lake to look for 1970's No Depsit No Return soda bottles. (easy to find, usually above ground) Trying to get him interested in digging and bottles. We ended up finding an old stone foundation of a home. Saw a lot of broken older glass. Just started poking around and found the trash pit. (Usually a sunken place close to house) We found stuff from 1890's to early 1900's. Then, found a ravine close by and it is full of stuff we hadn't even been able to dig yet.
Check for a local bottle club too. Nothing like talking to an old digger for great tips!
Good luck!

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Sanborn maps are a help also ! And just talking to older long time residents of an area can sometimes lead to a site . And a lot of probing in a suspected site.
Brian

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday