Disney Character Jar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

xpadigger

Reaction score
I think the last character is Horace Horsecollar, which definitely dates the bottle to somewhere in the 30s.

capsoda

Reaction score
Some of those had sweet gerkins in them. It was to be used as a fruit jar after emptying. I also see a Whitehouse apple butter/sause jar. If you can find the glass cover it is worth about $45. It is the diamond lattice stubby jar. They came in two sizes and yours looks like the smaller one which is worth more than the big one. The value is mostly in the lid so look good.

logueb

Reaction score
Spencer, The Coke is a Swainsboro, Ga. Coke.

Warren, what type of lid do I look for? Do you have a pic. of one ? Also, I have some different designs in these bottles. Never knew what they were, I jut pick them up when I find them. I'll see if I can get some pics. I never would have figured gerkins. Thanks for the info.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Buster, My dad is a sweet gerkin freak and used to buy them at the movie house when he was a boy. He said the lid was white and had a pic of one of the same characters on it. He says they came out around 1934.

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Don't know anything about that product jar but definitely a cool find, something else to look out for in 30's dumps. I read somewhere that Civil War items are found sometimes in 30's dumps because at the time the last of the veterans were dying off and to there relatives the old uniforms or that artillery shell were not yet old enough to be considered antique and were sometimes pitched! after the veteran passed on. They said they find stuff that way in New Jersey, a state that had very little or no action but lots of veterans. Anybody on this forum ever find anything like that?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles