Diving in NYC area?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

randgrithr

Reaction score
@RedGinger, thanks for the link, great info! I did manage to find a bus that goes near that Dead Horse Bay area so I might get there to walk around and see what can be found after all.

@CyberDigger, I think all the great white sharks have migrated slightly northwest to Wall Street. [;)]

@Bottle34Nut, ROTFL! Insert "Jaws" soundtrack here, hahahaha! I forget what comedy movie it was where someone dropped a candy bar into a swimming pool, that seems appropriate. I think it was Caddyshack? [:D]

@RiverDiver, These folks are doing rescue diving classes and underwater photography. Their last dive was at Beach 8 in the Rockaways. I will pass your info and RedGinger's link on to them. They seem quite concerned with their people's safety but I too was wondering why they were diving in such scarily polluted water.

Great discussion, thanks everyone!

Eileen

blade

Reaction score
RedGinger, I've held Meg teeth before and the current record for a Meg tooth is just over 7". The one the women is holding is completely fake, still looks cool though.
Chris

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Hi Eileen, just certified diver leads me to wonder where your friend might have been certified. If it was say a tropical location verses a NYC location it might be wise to go outside the area to find less trafficed waters for one. Secondly I would encourage your friend to look into local dive shops a buddy of mine told me of an outfit he dove with in NY that did drift dives in the Hudson. Its easy to get in trouble under water and divers do die every year so have him hook up with some dive club get experienced before diving in the waters of NYC its murky and full of god knows what, sharks would be the least of his problems. Bueller

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen