Do bricks mean broken?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Niko

Reaction score
I am mostly a creek walker when it comes to bottles but i found what looked like an old dump and spent 5 hours or so digging over the course of 3 days. All the stuff i found was nice and old but it was all broken... i only dug about three feet down but I dug about 20 or so bricks. Should i dig deeper? or should i try somewhere else or what? any advice? thanks

One days finds

DC9ABC845E9749FAB7CC4B652E8E1A8A.jpg

Attachments

• DC9ABC845E9749FAB7CC4B652E8E1A8A.jpg
    DC9ABC845E9749FAB7CC4B652E8E1A8A.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 54

capsoda

Reaction score
RE: Do bricks mean borken?

Hey Nick, I'd dig deeper. The bricks may get some but that one in a million bottle may be the one thats whole.

JGUIS

Reaction score

I agree with Warren, plus I'm not sure what borken is. Is that like what Morken from Orken did to Mindy?[:D][:D][;)][:)]

woody

Reaction score

I've dug bottles underneath brick piles before.
I say dig below and at least check it out.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.[;)]

madpaddla

Reaction score

Niko:
Former brook stomper here and current dump digger. It hurts but you have to dig deeper. At my dump, you go just about 4ft down then you hit brick. But it was well worth it to dig below. And I know....digging is hard and the bricks make it worse. Honestly I didnt believe the folks here when they said "dig below the brick". I just thought it was alot more work, etc. So I didnt do it. As I kept digging this dump in other sections. I noticed some spots where I was below the bricks and there were Bottles. Tons of bottles. Its work but dig below them. Keep us posted on how it goes. 80% of my keepers came from below the bricks. Cobalts, sodas, Swamp Root, etc
Ben

Niko

Reaction score

Well I thank you all for your suggestions, it seems like going deeper is the thing to do. I will get a bigger shovel and try this as soon as I have the time. I will keep you posted

- Niko

Niko

Reaction score

so i went back at it today and spent two hours digging threw about 2 feet of clay with no bottles or even broken bottles so i am giving up on this hole.. I think i would be better off trying to find a more sandy spot to dig.

madpaddla

Reaction score

Get a probe if possible. They work real well in times like these. Or a real long screwdriver. Poke the ground and find where the glass is. Some days are like Brams Niko....somedays aren't. Good luck. Use the screwdriver if no probe. Or a long skinny piece of metal. Check the forum for probes. Ben

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter