Does this look repaired to you?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Looks OK to me,could be residue from the contents and a long burial along with the remains of the cork embedded into the wall of glass. bne74HONDA you should have no problem asking asking YAMAHAdale the question [8D] While you are inquiring say hi from his old friends at ABN SONYsteve/sewell, Ric_HITACHI,and epack_RYOBI,if he gives you a hard time tell him our attorney Cyber_ISUZU ISUZTHEM ISUZEVERYONE will be calling him to make sure he is on the up and up!![8D]

bne74honda

Reaction score
Well,

sent my question and here's the reply (I also mentioned everyone to him):

Dear edscolls,

Hello The neck certainly has some residue and needs to be cleaned. It is guaranteed to be original with no repairs. I give 100% unconditional guarantee on all items sold. You can return it for any reason so bid with confidence. Thanks and good luck regards Dale

- yamahadale_123

so there ya have it - no repair.

idigjars

Reaction score
If you purchase the bottle just black light it when it arrives. Seller offers 100% satisfaction. It's worth a bid. Good luck. Paul :)

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

I dunno.. but it's conceivable to me that the inside of the neck is coated with mineralization..
I was thinking bee wax but have no idea how it would hold up under water. I guess sea or fresh water would make a difference.
I was also thinking of adding about 100 years to their date.
I'm no pro on that stuff but if the price were right and I had the $ I'd love to have one, repaired or not.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bne74honda

Cyberdigger,

I don't doubt the bottle is authentic but the inside of the neck just doesn't look like glass to me. I saw a posting some time ago from a fella who did a repair on a bottle from the same era and the results were fantastic but he used a material that wasn't opaque or clear - kinda like what I see in the neck.

Brian
That was Mark and the seller isn't him. He would have disclosed and probably never have sold it anyway. https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-560632/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm#560632
I wish his pics were still up, that was an awesome read.

bne74honda

Reaction score
That WAS an awesome read - too bad about the pics. I did not think Mark and the seller were one and the same - just remembered how well his repair turned out. That guy's a real artist.

Thanks for all the input - this is one I'd like to add to my shelf so will be bidding - repaired or not, it's a great addition if the price is right.

Cowseatmaize,

what do you mean - "I was also thinking of adding about 100 years to their date." ? Thinking it's older than posted?

Brian

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
what do you mean - "I was also thinking of adding about 100 years to their date." ? Thinking it's older than posted?
It's not like I know anything about them, I was just thinking more in the 1790-1830 range. They have 1720-30.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey