Does this top look Repaired/Replaced?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Hey iggyworf, would that be the same Pomeroy as your aqua bottling works you posted on another forum?? and would the neck on this pomeroy look more like that one if it wasn't repaired???.Andy

iggyworf

Reaction score
Andy, I have never come across a amber/brown Pomeroy myself, but I do think it is the same company. Yes I think it should have the longer neck like the aqua one i just recently got. Pomeroy bottled in Manistee, Ludington and maybe Grand Rapids Michigan.

Plumbata

Reaction score
It does look suspicious, but could it just be a rather uniform applied (versus tooled) blob?

truedigr

Reaction score
I have to agree with Plumbata on this one. Looks like a nicely applied blob. Someone who mastered the skill. I have had blobs similar in every aspect from Michigan, as well as other states. Some applied tops were sloppy, drippy, uneven. Some were nearly perfect, no drips and even all the way around. RC

hemihampton

Reaction score
truedigr said:
I have to agree with Plumbata on this one. Looks like a nicely applied blob. Someone who mastered the skill. I have had blobs similar in every aspect from Michigan, as well as other states. Some applied tops were sloppy, drippy, uneven. Some were nearly perfect, no drips and even all the way around. RC

What about the long neck shortened to a short stubby neck? Is that right? LEON.

Relicsnstuff

Reaction score
Leon, if a bottle has damage that is not in the listing ebay will force the seller to do a refund, if they refuse they will back charge them and the buyer can also kept the bottle at that point, so just because a listing so no returns does not mean one can't send a bottle back, just need to open a case with ebay for not as described, paypal is changing there rules, next year a buyer will have up to six months to return an item, thats a little much i think, also sellers must accept returns, so there will no longer be auctions with no returns.

Relicsnstuff

Reaction score
Also starting somtime next year sellers will have to pay for return shipping on items not as described.

Plumbata

Reaction score
I've dug an applied blob of that size and with a similar "stubby" neck. Granted, it was aqua and from chicago and I've never seen what the Michigan bottle in question should look like, but practically and economically speaking, a stubby and less fragile neck would make more sense for a big heavy bottle.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearybottlebaby1776