Threads on top of cork??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CCB420

Reaction score
And I just noticed that I misread that post earlier, but not sure if it's Douglas or Duraglass, I'm thinking neither since it's GB??

Still

Reaction score
I don't think it would be either Douglas or Duraglass considering they are British. Only reason I asked was because I dug last year a huge quart green stout bottle made by Douglas Glass in 1944(?). It just looked similar in color and time period

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Actually kind of found it by accident, as it was one of the few that was completely buried, just beside those couple of stubby amber beer bottles, that were partially buried. Paw in law says they're Jax, or maybe Jack's, beer bottles. If you notice, one of the stubbies has a different closure, of which I am uncertain of it's name?? I'm assuming it was just a pry off cap, but unlike a crown top:
I've always assumed these were crown tops but I'm not 100% sure, I don't remember ever seeing a picture of a full one. Not something we ever had in Canada. I think there was a wide-mouth version of these with some sort of thin aluminum cap that you peeled off as well, so possibly could have been something like that too.

CCB420

Reaction score
Oh ok cool thanks again for the wonderful forum

hemihampton

Reaction score
There is a Jax beer from New Orleans, also a older Jax from Jacksonville Florida also.

CCB420

Reaction score
Thanks Hemi, that what I'd found during a brief search, Jax in New Orleans, was what I was assuming PIL was talking about! However, couldn't find a bottle resembling either of the 2 different bottle styles I found!! It was weird, the 3 stubbies were basically touching each other, but 2 with screw tops and the one posted above, with the green fifth bottle just beside those 3 vertically challenged beers

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown