Dr Channing's Sarsaparilla

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Roger

Reaction score
One of the first bottle I ever found was on a beach at low tide. It had all the characteristics of being in the sea for a long time, white frosting and those iridescent flakes that we call 'sickness'. It also had a couple of surface scratches and scuff-marks but I always had in mind to get it professionally cleaned and now 35 or so years later I finally did it.

Stuart Roffey in Nottingham did it for me and I have to say that the end result exceeded anything I had expected. It's like it has just been made and I when I look at it, it's difficult to believe it's the same bottle. Stuart uses a chemical cleaning method but I am not sure what he uses for polishing. Here is a before and after shot with the the two embossed side panels.

Sq46680.jpg

To save emailing me I have put Stuarts contact details here (yes I did ask him first!).

Stuart Roffey
37, Clarges Street
Highbury Vale
NOTTINGHAM
NG6 9JF
UK
Tel: 0115 979 7665
Mob: 07970 542857

Attachments

• Sq46680.jpg
    Sq46680.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 141

Roger

Reaction score
It's clear Norm. The cleaning has impressed me so much I am looking for another in my collection that may benefit! I don't want every bottle looking like new but there are the odd one or two that may have a little more character, rather than less, if restored to pristine condition.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn