Dr. Flints and Hoosier Defrost

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

madpaddla

Reaction score
Hello All:

Here are to finds from da river. Experience has shown that water bottles are more beat up than dug bottles. But the bonus is that the water does most of the work for ya with clearing debris where bottles lie. These two did well considering the circumstances.

Should I find a label for the Dr. Flint Quaker Bitter?

Madpaddla

Ca81564.jpg

Attachments

• Ca81564.jpg
    Ca81564.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 33

bearswede

Reaction score
Should I find a label for the Dr. Flint Quaker Bitter?

Hey, Ben... Check this out...

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m_14784/mpage_1/key_quaker/anchor/tm.htm#14784

Ron

Caretaker maine

Reaction score
I dug one of those this summer and eveybody told me with a lable that it would be worth alot more, mine is in mint shape but no lable, if I bought a broken one with a real lable and regued it on mine would this be deceiving, just learning bottle edaquett

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Ben...

Nice find on the Dr. Flint's Quaker bitters. I have found a couple underwater and they didn't come out as good as yours. Great start to some higher value bottles!![;)]

Wayne

GuntherHess

Reaction score
if I bought a broken one with a real lable and regued it on mine would this be deceiving,

Hmm, never really thought about that before. I guess it could be argued that its sort of like taking a stopper from a broken bottle and putting it on a different one.
I would say it would increase the bottle value if it is a nice label. As long as you indicate the label has been added when you sell it there would be not ethical problems. The only problem is down the line someone will "forget" to mention that the label was added. For that reason I probably wouldnt recommend the practice. Just my opinion.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Ron. I got a few. Not as many as I would have if I hadn't hit a low spot a few years back.

A couple Hosses a Hooflands a Celery and a few Bitterquells of different brands. Mostly colors I like, real dark or light. Fairly common stuff.

But I will be lookin at the show.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85