First post, intro and greeting's!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

S.C. Warner

Reaction score
it happens out in Vegas, and it happens in Moline.
Hi everyone. I'm new here and would like to extend a Hello and thanks to both Admin. and members. From both myself and my wife and 7 y.o. son. A little about us. We live near the Quad Cities, Illinois (N.W. Central) my parents infected me with the bottle bug back in the 1960's. My seven year old was introduced several years back and has since made some really nice finds. Unfortunately, since I first started collecting, and to the present time, because of circumstances (living many years as a traveling "starving" artist :) I have lost many of my treasured bottles (volumes of stories maybe more suited to a different thread.) either by necessity or I just needed the cash. One of my favorites was a ruby red Schlitz that I pulled out under a rock hand-fishing in Green river. But now in my senior years, more settled in and rebuilding the collection. Actually moved back near my childhood home and one of the dumps is still nearby. Through the years, the interest in old bottles never diminish and it was interesting noting the different types found in different parts. Today I was searching web for an unusual bottle opener found in my forgotten hoard (I'm a bit of a pack-rat, and sell some things at a local auction site) anyway found your site and got caught up reading your friendly and informative posts. Decided to join. Thank-you and New Year wishes from us. (s.c. warner is not our real name ;-0 but will do for online, I noticed Dr J H was already taken!)
I hope to be able to helpfully contribute to this board.
The bottle shown here, isn't antique (yet?) But I do prize it as it is one that I have managed to hold on to all these years. i picked it up when stationed (US Army) in Kitzengen Germany in 1970. It is a Bitters (was 35% alcohol) hand painted and even a corker. Sometimes we hang it on the tree. Santa is carrying a gold bag on his back. Thought it appropriate for the season. Hope to hand it down. The label is in Deutsch. Sorry, it isn't clearer, someday soon I hope to get a better camera than one that came from Aldi's. Thank's again!
S.C.
(posting on the fly as usual!)

Cz79778.gif

Attachments

• Cz79778.gif
    Cz79778.gif
    157.2 KB · Views: 123

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Welcome SC,
and welcome back to bottles,maybe we'll leave these YOUNG GUYS & GALS a few bottle digging tips from us old guys,DJ.

S.C. Warner

Reaction score
Thanks Dave! Hey, welcome back? Was I here before? I thought maybe I was, cuz I did a search on the Gin bottle a while back. But I didn't think I posted cuz I rarely had the time. (and I'm forever doing f-disks and losing all my links, and mind.) Now in old age, things seem..knock on wood (gives self a knuckle to top of head.)[:D] to be slowing down (translated: the kidlet is in school.) Anyway appreciate your welcome! It is nice to find a forum with a subject that I can relate to filled with nice people. That in itself is a rarity on the internet. [:)] Hope you all don't think I'm to long winded, if you do just let me know and I'll simmer down a touch! Lol.
best,
sc

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi SC and welcome to the forum !
Talk your heart out on here ..... We all enjoy reading the great stories of all the members of the forum. A SUPER bunch of Guys & Gals here !!!!!
Glad to have you aboard ! And we look foward to any info and/or bottle stories you would like to pass along .
Brian

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Hey S.C. and family...

Welcome to the forum and couldn't help but notice your reference to my "nom-de-plume"...at least I assume it was mine you were in reference to...If you would like a little of my history you can check out the post in collector's chat (if you haven't already) by Diggerboy... first dig first bottle dug...the rest is history!

Keep on diggin'...

The Doc [X(]

S.C. Warner

Reaction score
Hi Dr. J. Yes I was in reference to your nick. I was at first just browsing (trying to get info on a bottle opener that i have given up on now) and then got caught up in reading all of the posts. I had happened on this forum once before but couldn't hang around. I was considering a good handle that related to bottles and thought of the one you have. (It's also one of my favorite bottles that we dug last summer.) But we also found the warner safe cure L. & K. , (actually he found it accidently, funny story.) So I decided on S. C. Warner. Thanks very much for the Welcome. [:)]
sc

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen