Dr Kennedy's Medical Discovery

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

monsterdigger

Reaction score
Any ever seen these bottles before, the things huge, about one pint. Its aqua and has a crude applied lip. Im not to shure if it has a pontil mark, its got a circle about 1" in diameter on the bottom and it pushes up. The bottles has embossed: Dr Kennedy's on one side. The other side has embossed: Roxbury Mass and on the front it has embossed: Medical Discovery. For those of you who dont know to view the pictures click save and then view. If any help thanks...........Jake

monsterdigger

Reaction score
The first post is a picture of the bottom of the bottle, here is a picture of the side.........

Attachments

• Mk25397.jpg
    Mk25397.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 96

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Jacob, It's listed in Matt Knapp's book,{GuntherHess} American Antique Medicine Bottles. Aqua, hinge mold, tapered lip, $37. Couldn't see the lip finish in your pic so I'm guessing.

lexdigger

Reaction score
Hey Monsterdigger, the Piso's Cure and the Dr. Kennedy's are both very common medicine bottles. Neither one is worth much money, but they are great additions to a med collection! Dr. Kennedy's also has another called Favorite Prescription that is pretty neat too. Chris Capley

amblypygi

Reaction score
I have one that just says Kennedy's, no Dr., I've always wondered if that was rare. It's a tooled top, so it's not that early; I wonder if someone gave him sh*t about claiming to be a doctor when he wasn't [:D]

Sean

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Sean...

Anything embossed on the side panels or the back of the bottle? Just curious. We've found a number of them underwater up here and my buddy found a broken open pontiled one...Had some great whittle and dynamite top, but broken... oh well

That just gives us the incentive to dive and dig some more!![&:]

Wayne

JustGlass

Reaction score
Heres a kennedys medical discovery that would go for a descent price at auction. Super clean, good color, whittled glass, and open pontil. This was a dug bottle that I found sitting on a bottom shelf in a small antique shop in Vermont. It was so freshly dug that it was still covered in mud and the owner hadnt priced it. I made a offer of $35.00 not really knowing what condition this bottle was in because of the thick layer of dirt. He accepted the offer and the bottle cleaned to mint with just mild soap and water.

Us54396.jpg

Attachments

• Us54396.jpg
    Us54396.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 80

JustGlass

Reaction score
Most kennedy bottles are common in the northeast....But keep your eyes open for the open pontils, and whittled snap case bottles are still desireable, and any odd colored glass.

Ge95830.jpg

Attachments

• Ge95830.jpg
    Ge95830.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 74

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveL