Dr. Richard Cannon

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

milkglassbottles

Reaction score
Hi Annie. Gunter is correct as usual, there are a lot of crazies in the world! When they're not digging, at a show or posting, one could only imagine what they are up to. LOL

There are though some reasonably high profile entities that do make themselves accessible for the greater good of the hobby. Bill Lindsey for instance, I won't mention his name, has been fielding emails from me for years. He has been a gentleman and has assisted me numerous times. He is a credit to the hobby.

Regarding my particular inquiry? As most of you already know, I am like a salmon swimming up stream trying to build the most important embossed bimal milk glass bottle collection on both sides of the pond. I haven't picked the easiest category to build upon, though I am nearing he 400+ mark as I am in the process of acquiring a partial collection with approx. 45 examples that I don't have.

I'll cut to the chase if you haven't already figured it out. To the best of my knowledge Dr. Cannon has two embossed milk glass bottles 'on his shelf' that I would like to acquire, a labeled Begg's Alabaster Balm and an unlabeled Henry Tetlow example. I have only seen these bottles pictured in his article in A.B&G.C. and I was hoping to establish a dialogue with the gentleman and perhaps he would consider seeing those two bottles in my collection. Hey,could happen, right?

Maybe I have overlooked the obvious? Why don't you guys scour your shelves, there are probably two or three of these bad boys that you forgot you even had!

Thanx again to all for making me part of the fray! Gary

milkglassbottles

Reaction score
LOL!!! Thank you, I think. You guys are certifiable, I knew there was something I liked about this place.

I don't know if I'll ever find them all but I have a support group here that's second to none. There isn't anyone here that looks at a white bottle and doesn't think of me! The camaraderie here is incredible and as I have mentioned many times, I am proud to be accepted, thought of by everyone (even you Lobey) and to be part if it all.

Later guys, I am going to play home improvement contractor and get my kitchen done. Is it supposed to take three months for a kitchen remodel? Actually I am ahead of schedule, it took 6 months for me to finish the bathroom!

glass man

Reaction score
I KNOW THIS IS A "HUGE" HELP" BUT A FEW YEARS AGO A GUY WOULD WRITE ARTICLES ABOUT HIS DIGS ETC. HE WAS OR IS A GOOD FRIEND OF DR. CANNON. NOW IF I COULD ONLY FIND AN ARTICLE IN ONE OF MY HUNDREADS OF BOTTLE MAGS. BY HIM THAT MAY HELP. WELL I WILL TRY! JAMIE [BUT THEN CAN HE BE REACHED?] BOTTLE MAG JIM WON'T TELL YA?

milkglassbottles

Reaction score
I have known Jim since the late 80's and he has been a gentleman every step of the way. He didn't offer any contact information when asked of his whereabouts or email address. I was a mensch and didn't push the issue, if he wanted me to know he would have told me.

I completely respect Dr.Cannon's right to privacy. My hope is to establish rapport with someone that already has a relationship with him who would be willing to open the door to an introduction or act on my behalf as a third party negotiator. Hoping that the good doctor would be suitably impressed with my collection, perhaps he would be willing to offer me those examples one day. We all know that they would be in good company!

Thanx for wracking you brain for me! You may stop at anytime after I acquire those bottles. Now, step away from the computer and look through those mags! Thanx again, Gary

jays emporium

Reaction score
I don't want to list the phone number on here but here is a link. If you just know what town to search on Yahoo you can find it. I know Dr. Cannon personally so I knew where to look.

milkglassbottles

Reaction score
Thank you for your efforts, I mailed you directly. Please get back to me on this one. Gary

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I'm surprised not more people on this (bottle) forum get AB&GC.
Call Glass Works and ask if the Doc is still with us [8D]
215-679-5849

Sep 2009 issue

4E78A6FD5BDC4C41BDB41BA5C3CBA106.jpg

Attachments

• 4E78A6FD5BDC4C41BDB41BA5C3CBA106.jpg
    4E78A6FD5BDC4C41BDB41BA5C3CBA106.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 77

milkglassbottles

Reaction score
There was never a doubt in my mind that he is still with us, I think Jim would have shared that with me. Jim was just being cautious and not talking out of school by divulging his phone number, I can't slight him for that. Perhaps I was out of line for even asking?

Wish me luck!

Thanx again, all! Gary

annie44

Reaction score
I certainly am aware and agree with that - I just thought from the way he worded it that there was some other issue...
ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

Everyone's privacy should be respected. I certaily wouldnt want people posting my phone number or address on some internet forum without my permission.
You never know who is looking for people, crazy old girlfriends (or boyfriends), lawyers, criminals, criminal lawyers, etc etc.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
It was really just a general statement on my part. I have a bad habit of stating the painfully obvious sometimes. I dont intend to insult people's intelligence. Its sort of like the stewards pointing out the fire exits on air planes, we all know where they are at but it doesnt hurt to point them out one more time[;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229