Dr. Tebbets

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bushdigger2

Reaction score
earlyglass/mike, what do you suppose it's worth? Who is Thomas Foxcroft and what does the date mean? Is it the date he started the buisness or the date of the stuff in the bottle?

earlyglass

Reaction score
It is difficult to say what it is worth without handling the piece. Naturally, condition plays a role in the value. I would say that it is worth quite a bit more than that Tebbets!

As for Thomas Foxcroft... I don't have any information. This may require some extensive research... but you have the world at your fingertips! The date could represent any of your guesses, but it is probably the date of manufacture of this vessel, or there about.

How is the condition?

Mike

Just Dig it

Reaction score
you have a thomas foxcroft who married these folks in boston mass in 1720

Odlin
Elisha & Eliza. Plummer, Dec. 8, 1720 by Rev. Mr. Thomas Foxcroft
Elisha & Adrian Cunningham, May 30, 1725 by Mr. Sam Myles
Hannah & Benja. Dyer, Dec. 10, 1691 by Samuel Sewall Esq.
Mary & Phillip Bass, Sept. 26, 1717 by Rev. Mr. John Webb
Mary & Michael Pasco, Sept. 12, 1738 by Rev. Timothy Cuttler

Link http://bos-gw.rays-place.com/bos/bos-mar-16.htm

And Heres His Life Story

http://spurgeon.wordpress.com/2008/07/25/thomas-foxcroft-gospel-ministry-9781567690613

http://diglib.princeton.edu/ead/getEad?id=ark:/88435/pk02c976n

hope that helps a little..

If you read into the last link i sent you..He wrote Arron Burr sr .Around 1729 .thats alexander hamiltons assassins Father.Concerning The early history of princeton university . He Probably drank from that fine piece of glass while Writing Him

seems Historically significant to a few groups..Not to mention its beautiful..if she gives you that cherish it man

nhpharm

Reaction score
Bushdigger2,

From what I have seen, the Tebbetts is worth about $300 in good condition and the Thomas Foxcroft is probably worth $2500+ in good condition...if you can show that Thomas Foxcroft is American (most of these are British), the value could be even higher. Fantastic bottles!

citydigger

Reaction score
In addition to what nhfarm stated, the Tebbett's is a very collectable Manchester, NH bottle. I know Matty (a fella in the other bottle forum) has dug a few of the amber varients in various dumps throughout NH. The puce Tebbett's are more valuable than the amber examples.

onabininger

Reaction score
Very nice bottles.. ...finally got a chance to check them out...and you are definately getting some great expert advice..the seal bottles command greater prices when dated and have a name as that one does..They are so early and old ....not many are found anymore ...most are in collections...great stuff...thanks for sharing..

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4