Dug a Privy Today.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

A2TED

Relic Retriever
Reaction score
Being in south east Michigan not far from Ohio I've dug a few different Ohio Bottles in the Past. LEON.

What meds did you dig?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hemihampton

Reaction score
What meds did you dig?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dug these 2 meds. Great Seal & Fellows Chemist, Canadian St. John New Brunswick. Broke but never seen one before, wonder if it's rare? LEON.

P1120703.JPG
P1120709.JPG
P1120705.JPG

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Dug these 2 meds. Great Seal & Fellows Chemist, Canadian St. John New Brunswick. Broke but never seen one before, wonder if it's rare? LEON.

View attachment 212709View attachment 212710View attachment 212711
Surprised you've never seen the Fellows before, but you can rest easy knowing that it's a very common med so not too much of a crier. It's one of Canada's most common meds, up here they're roughly on par with a Mrs. Winslows or Dr. Pierce's or that sort of thing. I thought it was widely sold in the US too, but I guess not in Detroit if you've never seen one before.

hemihampton

Reaction score
OK, Thanks for that info, No, never seen the Fellows before but we don't dig to many Canadian bottles in Michigan. The heavily sick looking glass made it look older then the Buckeye Green Seal ABM Crowntops. LEON.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
OK, Thanks for that info, No, never seen the Fellows before but we don't dig to many Canadian bottles in Michigan. The heavily sick looking glass made it look older then the Buckeye Green Seal ABM Crowntops. LEON.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that it's quite a bit older than the ABMs you dug. It looks like one of the earlier ones, maybe 1870s or 80s. I guess its distribution wasn't as wide as I thought, or maybe it just never really caught on in Detroit.

Toxic_Waste

Reaction score
I collect antique ink bottles and it looks like you found one! Great fun to dig for treasures, huh! Good job!

hemihampton

Reaction score
I collect antique ink bottles and it looks like you found one! Great fun to dig for treasures, huh! Good job!

If I remember right the ink was a common screw top Carters. only reason we didn't throw it back in the hole was because Tom has a cousin that would be happy to have our rejects. LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2