dug new york flask in privy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
Hi Andy,
Yes, on these flasks I do my homework, there are so many from NYC. The old Directories are quite useful.
Have collected them for I do not know how many years, since the early 80's at least, perhaps the late 70's. The research is almost as rewarding as adding a new bottle to the collection.
I have quite a few flasks with a Hotel connection, and a number of those have some kind of RR connection, such as the "Central RR House" which comes to mind.
Nice bottle they found, perhaps luck will shine on me and I can add it to the collection.

wilmingtonbottleboys

Reaction score
Im not a NYC collector, so if any of you guys are interested in this flask any reasonable offer will be taken into consideration. Thanks for all the info and interest. The flask condition wise is in good shape. Has ok embossing and one small chip in lip on front left side. Would be a gem if tumbled correctly. Thanks James

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
Is the bottle offered "as is", or will it be cleaned (tumbled) and then offered? Also, a pic or two of the chip would be helpful, I am hoping it is related to the grinding of the ground lip. Feel free to PM me.
A nice amber Brooklyn NY strap flask which needed a tumble sold recently on eBay.
Thanks,
Mark

wilmingtonbottleboys

Reaction score
v

9BA770A01D5043E9AB9136CBD5A0C1FF.jpg

Attachments

• 9BA770A01D5043E9AB9136CBD5A0C1FF.jpg
    9BA770A01D5043E9AB9136CBD5A0C1FF.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 86

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
I see the chip, not too bad as you said.
Also see the some what weak embossing, typical of the era, before vented molds were introduced.
The value is the sticky part. NYC was, and is, big. I have collected strap flasks from NYC/Brooklyn for decades, and it is very possible that there are as many flasks from NYC alone, as there are from the rest of the Eastern US. I have somewhere around 6 or 7 hundred, no duplicates, no paper labels (except on embossed examples). I have records of a few hundred more that I do not have.
At shows in this area, mint amber strap hotel flasks are in the 100 to 150 range, my last purchases were of the "Continental Hotel" for 135 and "Ashman House" with original labels for 125.
I would offer 50 dollars postage paid in the current condition, as even cleaned the chip will keep it in the 75 to 100 range tops.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I consider that a fair, if not slightly generous offer.

Am I allowed to watch this..??

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis