dump digs

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Tony14

Reaction score
where would some good areas be for finding dumps. i found one where most of the bottles date from 1930-50 by our railroad station. i was wondering if i could get some tips on how to find an older site

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
Hello Tony! Welcome to the forum. What part of the country are you from? In days gone by (1800's) a lot of people used to just toss there trash at the back edge of the property (or sometimes right out the back window), so if youve got houses that are at least that old in your neck of the woods your in luck. Next you gotta get permission to dig. You can also do as I have done in the past and start asking the oldest people you can think of if they remember bringing their trash to an old dump when they were kids. They may recall, but scoff at you and say, "well thats a vacant lot now" or bett yet, "thats all just woods now though".[:D] Under that dirt is probably some goodies. The other thing you can do is to inquire on this forum if anyone else is from your area who likes to dig (I'm from Central NY Syracuse area and I'd bring along anyone to any of my spots) you dont have to give your adress just a general area[;)]. Good luck!!

Tony14

Reaction score
thanks im from central wisconsin. i found the dump i dig at now by mistake but i will go and ask some people from around town.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4