dump near Green Village (Passaic river area) N.J.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
Found the trail, hoping to scope things out tomorrow or monday...

hunting262

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: druggistnut

Arek,
Your bottles are accumulating here. I will box them up and send them soon.

You really should join the bottle club in Grand Rapids. Do you need a contact number? They meet at the Neal Folger American Legion Hall in Grandville.

What smaller towns around there would you be able to dig at? I know you're not driving, so pick towns you could get Mom/Dad to drive you to. I will see what I can do about finding you spots...
Coopersville, Nunica, Marne, Allendale, Fruitport and smaller towns all around those would be ideal places for me to dig at thanks. Arek

XRdsRev

Reaction score
Make absolutely sure you know whose property you are on and that you have permission. Much of that area is now part of Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge and is actively patrolled by Department of the Interior law enforcement rangers. Do not !!!!! get caught digging bottles on Federal Refuge property....no warnings....you will be arrested...serious fine and loss of vehicle if they judge it to be used in the commission of a crime (digging for artifacts on Federal land). If they see your car parked where it isn't supposed to be (designated parking areas) they will wait for you to come out of the woods and bust you. Over the years I have found quite a few dumps in the Great Swamp just by hiking around but will not dig them...most are not very old and none of them are worth getting arrested for.

epackage

Reaction score
I'm being careful Ern, I won't stick anything in the ground until I know what the scoop is, I never enjoyed being in prison and I don't want to go back...[;)]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

I'm being careful Ern, I won't stick anything in the ground until I know what the scoop is, I never enjoyed being in prison and I don't want to go back...[;)]

I KIND OF LIKED IT IN THERE. SO I MIGHT COME UP AND DO SOME DUMP DIGGING!!! [:D]

epackage

Reaction score
It's a protected wildlife refuge area, still working on getting details on sticking a shovel in the ground legally...

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
chances are that will be impossible, unless, you are working with a state archaeological team. At that point it is no longer worth it unless you wanna see everything cataloged and placed in the basement of a historical society never to be seen again. Ive walked into more than one museum to see 15-20 bottles displayed from the hundreds they have had donated. Im not trashing archaeologists here but if your going to dig something up at least display it for the public instead of hiding it.

druggistnut

Reaction score
bump

I'm kind of wondering what is going to happen here, too.

Jim- Let these guys know what you're doing, please.

Bill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc