Dumping at Westfield Heritage Village

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottles R Us

Reaction score
Over the weekend, we went to see the Westfield Heritage Village. It's near Hamilton, Ontario. If you're in the area on sunday (that's the only day they're open) It's definately worth seeing.
They had a 1920s era railroad station set up, and I was walking the tracks looking for a railroad spike I could sell on eBay (yes, people collect these things.) At the end of the tracks, there was a pile of dirt, leaves and debris from who knows what. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the top of a can sticking out of the leaves.[:-] So I ran over and pulled it out.
I was surprised the bottom didn't fall off when I pulled it out. It'll be going out in the recycling tonight, but I thought I would show it here first - the first time I ever dumped a can.

Bottles R Us - Sorry for the long post.

E9ED5A4DCE1B4CE7A4F51DC2EDB78E6E.jpg

Attachments

• E9ED5A4DCE1B4CE7A4F51DC2EDB78E6E.jpg
    E9ED5A4DCE1B4CE7A4F51DC2EDB78E6E.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 66

Bottles R Us

Reaction score
I couldn't find any information about this can on the internet. The 2 Fanta Root Beers I found online were different from my can. One says "Draft Style Root Beer" instead of "Draft Root Beer." The other one has a lot of writing under the orange bar. Mide does not. Does anyone here know about this can?

FD49D9FE5A694044B3B4B8FC4CD108E3.jpg

Attachments

• FD49D9FE5A694044B3B4B8FC4CD108E3.jpg
    FD49D9FE5A694044B3B4B8FC4CD108E3.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 65

kwalker

Reaction score
Well....if you're looking for railroad spikes I have at least fifty pounds worth of them...

As for the can, it looks like a 70's to 80's can....nothing too special about it because it's a can and the bottom, as you said, is rusted out. But the french on the back is pretty neat.

Bottles R Us

Reaction score
No, I don't need railroad spikes, Kwalker. They are cool though.
I believe the can is from 1970-72 era, because in the early 80s they started using Aluminum like they do today. This can is steel, and they usually hold up well. I don't know why this one got rusted so badly.
The can does not appear to have been opened. I think it was probably dropped and it sprung a leak, so the would-be Fanta drinker threw it in the woods, where I discovered it 40 years later.
An old beer can can have a big hole like this and have value, so I figured I should ask for the value of this can before I threw it away.

Bottles R Us... Cans too

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazewudb3nice!