Early 1880's soda??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bixel

Reaction score
Hey Chris, you see there is one of those Knox gravitating stopper bottles in the Maple Leaf auction that is going on right now...?

143Tallboy

Reaction score
Yeah, the Knox Grav is a nice bottle, I'd like one for my collection some day, just don't have the $$ right now. I dug a broken one last year, saved the pieces but did not find all of it. Maybe I'll get lucky and dig one this year.

143Tallboy

Reaction score
Kyle: Are you using this book to get your dates:

http://www.ecbw.ca/images/the_ontario_soda_water_manufacturers_and_brewers_gazatteer.jpg

There isn't much else that I"m aware of for reference besides the Toronto soda book by Dean Axelson.

Bixel

Reaction score
Yes Chris, I am using that book. I have the Med book, and the earlier soda/beer book, which covers 1851-1930, both by Glen Phillips. Honestly, if you actively collect bottles or dig in Ontario, you should have those books. It has saved me so much research time, I cant thank Glen enough.

I have thought about getting the milk book, but I dont collect milks, only local ones, so I dont see the need for it.

Newtoit

Reaction score
It really is a small world. I actually live on a water front lot on Stoco Lake. Tweed is just across the lake. What were your Grandparents names and do you know the name of the grocery store? If you ever make it to Tweed for a visit you have to go to the Tweed Heritage Centre and talk to the curator Evan Morton. They have a lot of historical information on the area. They probably have pictures of the store and your Grandparents.
Thanks for the info everyone.
Debbie

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexTheBottleHunter