Early morning quick dig.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
It's been about a year and half since I've actually dug in a dumpsite, Had the itch so I went back early this morning to a big dump just down the road from me that dates for the majority the early 40's to the late 50's, I mainly wanted to grab the pint flasks I had left behind on previous visits and try for a few more Packie style beers, I did dig for about an hour and nothing special, two more Packie beers (one with a broken neck), I do collect those so I guess one more good one is better than none. Another local milk from my hometown, Sinclair quart, Golden Wedding, I'll be back when the weather cools down. 20220726_091301.jpg20220726_091311.jpg20220726_091316.jpg20220726_091327.jpg20220726_091340.jpg

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
There are always distractions/responsibilities. I see nothing negative with getting out there once a year or so. If you took a survey, the results would say many of us have sites that aren't finished and merit periodic revisiting. Yes, lately the heat has been a bit much--even here in the new American Garden Spot (CT). As an admitted Boomer, I take to heart the phrase "Be safe, do what you can, and live to dig again, another day." ;)

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
There are always distractions/responsibilities. I see nothing negative with getting out there once a year or so. If you took a survey, the results would say many of us have sites that aren't finished and merit periodic revisiting. Yes, lately the heat has been a bit much--even here in the new American Garden Spot (CT). As an admitted Boomer, I take to heart the phrase "Be safe, do what you can, and live to dig again, another day." ;)
This dumpsite is way bigger than I at first thought it was, I've only scratched the surface as far as I'm concerned, it's on a rather steep hill, so when I start digging in, I always have to move up the hill some but I didn't really finish where I started. It's also close to a parking area so I have to be rather discreet when I'm digging there, after about an hour of digging I'm whipped anyway and make a return trip at a later date when the "Itch to dig" returns...lol .

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
This dumpsite is way bigger than I at first thought it was, I've only scratched the surface as far as I'm concerned, it's on a rather steep hill, so when I start digging in, I always have to move up the hill some but I didn't really finish where I started. It's also close to a parking area so I have to be rather discreet when I'm digging there, after about an hour of digging I'm whipped anyway and make a return trip at a later date when the "Itch to dig" returns...lol .
Archaeologists have a saying- "Take it down to the alluvial till/sterility." (Which for a bottle digger means nothing but dirt and tiny glacial rocks.) You may or may not chose to go that far. ;))

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26