EARLY vial? (three pics)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hoosier49er

Reaction score
I need help with this one. It stands at 3 1/2" tall, and 3/4" across. It has a pontil on bottom, no mold seams, and VERY crude lip. Aewsome brownish-almost gold colored swirls in glass. Any help at all would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Joe

Sq45779.jpg

Hoosier49er

Reaction score
Top view (lip)...

Db83825.jpg

Attachments

• Db83825.jpg
    Db83825.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 64

amblypygi

Reaction score
We dig similar "puffs" around here, although I've never seen one with the gold swirls. They aren't terribly valuable, but they are very cool because they are very old (late 18th- early 19th century according to McKearin and Wilson; see plate 77 on page 281 of American Bottles and Flasks and their Ancestry), and usually indicate a place to dig more! Yours with the gold might be more valuable than the plain Jane aqua ones I've found. It is old and original if you ask me, good find!

Sean

Bottle tumbler

Reaction score
The gold swrils amke this a very unique bottle indeed. you never see bottles with gold in them, unless it was for the rich. very nice find...... keep it[:D][:D][:D]

baltbottles

Reaction score
Hi The gold swirls in your bottle are just oxidation on the surface. This is common for early clear puffs. A quick soak in muratic acid will turn this one completely clear. It is an early bottle i'd say right about 1800 + or - 10 years.

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter