Easter finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

IRISH

Reaction score
Got out over easter and had a few finds, all the stuff below came out of one hole plus a heap more common/plain stuff I piffed back as it was too much to carry, also got a tea pot, a plate and the rusty remains of two pistols.

The best here is the two blue top Frankston Springs ginger beers, one with a sea monster TM and the other with FSCo, there is a few different poisons in blue and green, a few chemists and sauce bottles plus a Sperm Sewing Machine Oil (sperm whale oil).
The 8 bottles on the left are phenyle's with six different names on them (all members of the Vic. Disinfectant Manufacturers Association - VDMA, could use the bottles of that registered design).
There is also a nice bud vase that's complete and a doll head etc. plus a heap of other bottles.
It was fun and as a mate of mine said "if only every hole was like that" [:D] .

Zx70019.jpg

Attachments

• Zx70019.jpg
    Zx70019.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 71

redbrass_ca

Reaction score
Your Privy recovery is simply incredible. I only wish I couls come out with that many bottles on one dive

Cheers

Thierry

Mainepontil

Reaction score
Very nice finds, thanks for sharing. I do like the ginger beers.[:D]

Joel

glopf43

Reaction score
All I can say is,"WOW!". Showing all of those nice bottles would motivate anyone to get out and dig, dig, dig! Thanks for sharing..[sm=lol.gif]

IRISH

Reaction score
Those round bottles are a teracotta bud vase with most of the lip missing and a small glass bottle that had carbolic smoke in it, I've seen an old add reproduced in a club magazine advertising carbolic smoke balls with a picture of one of them in it, it was like a smelling salts.
The white things near the bottom of the photo are doll heads, a toy teacup and a very small statuette that's a bit the worse for wear.

There was so much stuff in that hole it was hard to get them out in places, I broke one nice chemist bottle by standing on it before I dug down to it [:eek:] . That 3 pound crock thingy in the back of the photo is nice, it's saltglaze and mint but nothing on it exept the number "3".

DOLANBADGER

Reaction score
Hello IRISH
Great finds ,I also am partial to the blue top gingers like Mainepontil.Thanks for sharing, KEEP those pictures coming.[8D]

Aerated

Reaction score
Nice finds IRISH!
What are the 3 Aerated water/blob top looking bottles in the back row?
(the aqua ones)

Cheers Aerated

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229