EASTERN SHORE KOLA-NUT COMPANY soda from Eastville VA

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

herndonbottles

Reaction score
Anyone familar with this soda? I saw one in an antique shop today. Price was good but it has a 3/4 inch bruise on the shoulder. I did find a link on Worthpoint to one on Ebay a few years ago. Eastville only has a population of 200 today and is on Virginia's Eastern Shore off of US 13 and north of Cape Charles.
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1920s-eastern-shore-kola-nut-eastville-va-soda.
I'm wondering how rare this is, what it went for on Ebay, and whether I should go back and pick this one up? I don't know why I didn't take a pic of it when I was at the antique shop.

Any info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Peter

herndonbottles

Reaction score
Here's the the pic from Worthpoint of the bottle.

67975A16F1BD4FD9BBE543EE223D748A.jpg

Attachments

• 67975A16F1BD4FD9BBE543EE223D748A.jpg
    67975A16F1BD4FD9BBE543EE223D748A.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 64

celerycola

Reaction score
I see them occasionally at the Virginia Bottle Shows. Usually there is some minor damage. I don't know if I've seen a perfect one.

Alaska

Reaction score
its listed in the townsend soda book as a rarity of 2 on a scale to 5. i have never seen one, but i would suppose that if you were selling it you could get a couple bucks for it. i dunno about the bruise.. folks in va are strange about damage.

Tom

herndonbottles

Reaction score
All,

Thanks for the replies. I didn't make it back to that shop. Along with this bottle there were several Norfolk late teens into the 20s crowntop sodas. One of them I remember was a Bell with and embossed bell on the shoulder.

If anyone wants the bottle, it was at a shop on Main St in Conway, SC (near Myrtle Beach). Price was $4. There were number of bottles in this shop, with pricing inconsistent and on high side. Some plain bottles were priced higher than those with embossing. But it was nice to find a shop that actually had more than just a couple bottles.

We were staying in Myrtle Beach and I got out to check some antique shops and surrounding towns while on vacation.
-Peter

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers