EBAY CHARGING FINAL VALUE FEES ON SHIPPING???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpicker

Reaction score
Ebay is now charging a final value fee on shipping. That is just stupid. They are so f'ing greedy it makes me sick.I am done with those scum.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
that is to encourage you to provide lower cost shipping to buyers (their words not mine)
They didnt like sellers skirting the system buy engineering some of the final value into the shipping cost.
if you havent noticed , fleabay is all about the buyer experience.
The seller experince kind of sucks anymore.

probably not a scam or fraud ...just a greedy company

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I might move this to a forum where approval is not needed for each post.. unless some of you are anxious to use overly colorful metaphors to share your deepest, darkest thoughts about said online sales colossus.. [;)]

nhpicker

Reaction score
I was just curious what you guys though about that shoddy move by ebay. I think Gunther is right though. I am still sick of their greedy ways. I am all done with them at this point. I will be going back to selling at flea's and bottle shows. EBAY HAS BECOME TOO GREEDY!

Plumbata

Reaction score
For me, seller FV fees are lower than they were before this upcoming change because of my generally low or free shipping costs... I ain't complaining.

Don't sell many bottles on eBay nowadays though. [;)]

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
I myself had long waited for eBay to do this. I have seen so many sellers with crazy shipping charges, designed to try and outfox eBay, that I have ended up carefully checking out the sellers shipping costs BEFORE I will consider bidding.
I am reasonable in regards to the shipping costs, for example, a half pint strap flask, I figure that shipping below 7 or 8 is ok, as this will give the seller a buck or two for handling/packing. I have no problem with that.
When I see a seller with a .99 bottle and 15.00 for postage, well, go figure.

Sir.Bottles

Reaction score
Well in my opinion not every seller with high postage charge have intended to outfox eBay. How about a seller who live pretty far from the post office? He gonna need to take out his car to go to the post office. Right? & a Car need a Gasoline. & I do not think gasoline were grow on the tree.

Still eBay has gone to far. Just because the are super powerful company with million of member, They become OVER GREED!! eBay SUCKS!!

thewrit

Reaction score
What about the people that always keep shippping prices very reasonable?They are getting screwed more than the person who has the high fees.Either way,Ebay makes money on all sellers and they try to look like heroes.

My friend who sells alot on Ebay said that on May 1st Ebay will make it harder to sell.If I heard him correctly,they will require 2 separate bank accounts and you have to use their shipping.I think he said something that you have to purchase a machine for the shipping.Anyone else know of these changes?

justanolddigger

Reaction score
not true, they are asking you to print & ship through ebay directly to earn their 20% discount on fees. I comply with their rules for this and receive a 20% discount on my final bill. Come May 1st, you will receive a 25% discount if you print your shipping labels through ebay & offer 1 day turnaround, and 14 day return policy. I think all of these are necessary to be a good seller anyway. I just recently discovered this, it saves a ton on postage costs, I believe it is a direct 20%, and it is super easy, and gives you all the tracking info right in your ebay. I'd recommend it to anyone, it can save a lot of money.
Just go to your "items sold" in ebay, click on the "print shipping label tab" and fill it in, I think its great.....Bill

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
on May 1st Ebay will make it harder to sell

uh, they have been making it harder to sell for the last 10 years...

Mr Moderator sir? Can you move this thread out of scams and frauds? Doesnt belong here.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter