ebay screws sellers

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Important changes to Feedback[/align][/align]

Buyers, you can no longer receive negative or neutral Feedback from sellers

[*]
You should leave honest and accurate Feedback without the fear of receiving negative or neutral ratings.[/align][/ul]
Ya, right...[:mad:]
So now the feedback system is pretty much useless.
Nice move Fleabay. What's next ? Sellers have to ship items before getting paid? Woops they aleady are doing that in paypal arent they? Maybe they will make all transactions be in Euros, ya, that sounds good. [/align][/align][/align][/align]

Gordon

Reaction score
sellers already pay the way, now ebay wants to turn on them. Sellers BOYCOTT

GuntherHess

Reaction score
No, it wont teach them because they lack the ability to learn.
They will continue down thier path trying to squeeze out every cent until they implode.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I have been spending more time listing items on my web site sales area instead of listing them on ebay. Actually selling more than I expected.
GRASS ROOTS BABY!! That's how the evil empire will die[:D]

cookie

Reaction score
Ebay may squeeze more money out of sellers ...but I won't be one of them.....

buzzkutt033

Reaction score
These Ebay threads are among the most entertaining on this site.

Jimbo

1A5F2A08638B4037A4A4EEBB70DB3A4B.jpg

Attachments

• 1A5F2A08638B4037A4A4EEBB70DB3A4B.jpg
    1A5F2A08638B4037A4A4EEBB70DB3A4B.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 99

kungfufighter

Reaction score
Love buying there but I will only sell under extreme financial duress. They have taken all the fun out of it...

JGUIS

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

What's next ? Sellers have to ship items before getting paid? Woops they aleady are doing that in paypal arent they? [/align][/align][/align][/align]
The only time I've ever shipped before payment was received, was if I personally knew the buyer. I've never had any problems like that out of Paypal, and hopefully wont. Here's part of an email I got from them today.
This eCheck Payment will remain "Uncleared" until the funds have
cleared from the sender's account, which usually takes 4 business days. If
you are shipping an item, please do not ship your item until the funds
have cleared into your PayPal account. You will be notified by email when
the funds have cleared into your PayPal balance.

I would think that holding funds until a buyer leaves a positive feedback, would be a quick end to Paypal. We have a responsibility as a seller to properly describe an item, and ship it. Their newest digital rules are stupid, and I still can't figure out their purpose. You can't list digital files for sale, unless you A: Send it on a CD through the mail., or B:List it in the "everything else" category. When they initiated this rule, we had about 100 auctions up that were digital files, delivered via email. We switched from sending CDs because of shipping, and it's just easier. All the auctions that were up when they passed the rule not only got yanked after I paid the listing fees, but they were erased from the system completely, and I have to relist them all from scratch. eBay has definately went downhill since I started selling, but it's the best option. Yeah, there are others, but the crowd is on the bay, and until another company comes along with the money to outadvertise them, they always will be.

TROG

Reaction score
In Australia from the 17th June the only payment method available to sellers is paypal (no money orders, checks,direct bank deposit etc) All paypal payments will be held and can not be accessed until feedback is received or if no feedback for 21 days. Australia is apparently being used as a test ground for bringing in these conditions which will go world wide in the future.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
yes, what Trog stated was what I was reffering to, the holding of paypal payments until buyer says they are happy. Can really screw sellers.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter