new Fleabay fun for all

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
from the Fleabay Masters to poor sucker sellers...

As of 11/01/10, your customers who pay with PayPal are protected for items they receive that are "significantly not as described". This means that you may be liable for the cost including the original shipping charges should they file a claim. However, by offering this protection, PayPal helps encourage customers to shop on your site.

We recommend that you make sure that photos and written descriptions on your site are as accurate as possible, to help avoid these types of claims.

The change to our buyer protection policy will take effect from November 1st, 2010 and won’t apply to transactions made before this date.

baltbottles

Reaction score
Its the bias towards buyers that has caused me to no longer sell on ebay after well over 1000 transactions. And I'd much rather offer stuff I am selling to the good people on the forum first anyway. So Screw Ebay!

Chris

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Fun! I wonder if PayPal with send a representative out to examine the piece and compare it to the description? Right!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
It looks as though the back office support cant handle the number of complaints and this is there remedy.Instead of protecting the whole transaction they have decided to protect just the sellers.This is a golden oppurtunity for an eBay back room employee knowledgable with their inner workings to launch his own site and compete directly.

Jim

Reaction score
I agree with Chris 100%. There needs to be a balance between protecting buyers and keeping things reasonable for sellers. I gave up eBay selling quite a while ago. I simply don't need the cash bad enough to warrant dealing with their myriad "screw sellers" games.

If they really cared about buyer protection, they would do more to stop bad sellers from re-registering under a new ID after they have been kicked off. I know a guy who has been booted at least three times for failure to deliver items, and he's back again and still selling. ~Jim

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I don't go to ebay any more.. it's been 8 months now.. and blimey, I'm feelin good! [:)]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH