ebay screws sellers

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

baltbottles

Reaction score
I would think that if ebay inforces the use of only paypal to make payment then. They will lose a lot of their seller base in the USA especialy if they plan to hold the payments until the buyer is happy. Thats no way to do business. Do any other large web merchants hold your payment in escro until you recieve your item and are happy with it? I think not! I believe its time to go back to the way things were. I'm starting to offer good bottles forsale on my website again just like Matt. Check them out. I plan to list more as time goes on.
http://www.geocities.com/baltbottles/forsale/index.html

Chris

kungfufighter

Reaction score
Superb offerings Chris - good bottles and fair prices. Why would someone need eBay when there are plenty of folks selling quality bottles at set, reasonable prices?

spyder

Reaction score
Well; I have been selling and buying on ebay since Nov of 2002. I haven't had any bad experiences, but have had friends that have. I don't know if any of you have tried in the past to sell at Yahoo Auctions...........I did several years ago and found them worse than ebay. Guess that is why it was shut down last June. I will continue to list on ebay because what I sell; I have nothing into it and really need the extra money. I don't like there new policies, but I think they are catering to the powersellers (big money makers) and sticking it to us little people.

Jim

Reaction score
Chris, I'm glad to see that you have some goodies listed. I will be checking back often. I'm also sick of eBay's games, and have been for a good while, plus I prefer to deal with people that I know and trust anyway. ~Jim

annie44

Reaction score
I can't see the logic behind ebay's new policy - and am also fed up with the fees. I wish I was computer savvy enough to create my own web site - I don't make enough selling bottles very occasionally to justify having someone create a site for me.

Is anyone familiar with this site? Just came across it while on Glassworks recently....

http://www.americanglassexchange.com/main/contact_us.aspx

I definitely check the web sites of the members here frequently - just wish I would know when new bottles are added by some of you, because sometimes bottles sell so quickly I miss out on one I was interested in!

sweetrelease

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: annie44

I can't see the logic behind ebay's new policy - and am also fed up with the fees. I wish I was computer savvy enough to create my own web site - I don't make enough selling bottles very occasionally to justify having someone create a site for me.

Is anyone familiar with this site? Just came across it while on Glassworks recently....

http://www.americanglassexchange.com/main/contact_us.aspx

I definitely check the web sites of the members here frequently - just wish I would know when new bottles are added by some of you, because sometimes bottles sell so quickly I miss out on one I was interested in!
thanks alot annie, now i have another site i "need" to check everyday[:D] for real nice site and i too am sick of ebay ,but i do sell there so ? who am i to talk smack[8|]

JustGlass

Reaction score
The way I look at it the old Ebay feedback system was pretty much useless anyways. You couldn't express yourself without fear of neutral or a negitive. Im not pleased with the new changes but it still seems like the only place I can sell my bottles and get a fair price. Space in a antique group shop is pricey so you have to sell alot just to cover your rent and if your lucky you might break even. Ive tried to set up tables and garage sale them with no luck at all. Lots of people came most had no interest in bottles and the very few that did wanted $20.00 bottles for .50 cents. Unless somebody points me to a better site to sell bottles I guess I will have to put up with Ebays crap for now.

towhead

Reaction score
Well, I don't sell that much....have been a member a couple of years....have (254) 100%. But, sold 2 items about 2 weeks ago, and still no payment, and no response from the two bidders. I already put them on my blocked bidders list! And I will be changing my bidder preferences....'cause one of these bidders had no previous activity (0) and one had (2). Was this a coincidence-2 deadbeats- or was this someones idea of "fun"?

cc6pack

Reaction score
julie

just look at some of the boards on ebay, the number of buyers leaving bad feedback is laughable. I know this is a small number but to me it's another nail in ebay's coffin.

I started in 02 as well and it was fun and profitable even on small items. A year or two ago it got to where if I could not sell something for $10.00+ I lost money, now I can't even think of putting anything up for auction.

towhead

Reaction score
Yeah Dennis....I think that if I decide to leave them any feedback, I think I will wait til the last minute, and then in big bold letters and a bunch of exclamation marks, SELLERS BEWARE!!! NON PAYING BIDDER!!!!!!!!! Even if it is "positive", if anyone reads the actual feedback...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete