Ebayer using someone elses pictures.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ctbottledigger

Reaction score
So i was searching for a green tippecanoe today on ebay and i find this guy selling an amber tippecanoe . It dawned on me i had just seen that same picture on Historicbottles.com and this persons ebay name is jfcutter. I also noticed the bottle on the wood stand is not the same as the other photos he has they are of lighter color. I sent a message to the seller asking him about the photo is there anything else i should do?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
jfcutter is the same name Bill uses here also. I have no idea who sicamor82 is but it does look like one stolen picture anyway.I don't know where the others came from.I'll write Bill, maybe he gave permission.

jfcutter

Reaction score
No, I'm not selling bottles on eBay and haven't for years. I did find the listing for the Tippecanoe and of the 4 images, only one is pirated from my High Desert site - the one with the Tippecanoe in a wooden stand or rack. The other 3 images are not from me...and I did not give anyone permission to use that one image. So whether the bottle exists for sale or not I have no idea. Certainly the one in the wooden stand is not available except via my website. Unfortunately, a lot of people selling on eBay take verbiage and images off my websites without permission - particularly the other Historic Glass Bottle Identification & Information Website. I gave up long ago trying to complain or rectify it...Bill

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Thanks for writing back Bill. That's a reason I hope to remember to watermark all my pictures.[:)] Can't trust anyone anymore.

ctbottledigger

Reaction score
Thanks for the info im glad you were made aware of it. My next move was to send a message to jfcuter and let them know. But nowi won't have to :)

ctbottledigger

Reaction score
Found this in my ebay mail box his morning.[<font]Dear sicamor82,

i found these same exact pictures of this bottle on another well known website. historicbottles, is there a reason why you are using his photos instead of your own of this bottle? he also is an ebay member name jfcutter.
[<font]His reply[<font][<font]Only reason is this was a great pic! The day I posted overcast snowy day here, but probably should use my own. I will put mine on now. Thanks for comment.

- sicamor82

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1