ELECTRICAL BICYCLE OIL FLASK

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blade

Reaction score
Anyone have any information on this aqua pumpkin seed flask? It's 3-3/4" high and 2-3/4" wide. The front says LUBRICATING ELECTRICAL BICYCLE OIL. Picture of bicycle with the words TRADE above the bike and MARK below the bike are also on the front. The back says THE HITCHCOCK SPECIALTY CO. LIMTD. PHILA. PA. Seam stops at base of neck with an applied top. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

ADF23766E93B4CED83B39E6F47F62294.jpg

Attachments

• ADF23766E93B4CED83B39E6F47F62294.jpg
    ADF23766E93B4CED83B39E6F47F62294.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 80

richf

Reaction score
In over 35 years collecting, I have never seen that one! I would suspect it's a great find.
Rich

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey blade...

The stuff that was in most of the other pumpkin seed flasks were for lubricating the bicycle rider...[8D]

What a great find! I've never heard of it. Let us know what you find and post a close up or two

Wayne

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I seem to remember seeing one of those on one of the big auctions, glassworks maybe???
There are a couple antique bicycle and motorcycle websites, you might also want to try to contact them. This would be a cross catagory collectible and I am guessing it may be more sought after on the bicycle side.

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hi Blade -
Nice bottle. Ed Faulkner, from our club, sold one on eBay just before Christmas. I think it sold in the $125 - $150 area. I remember this because he won an award for this bottle in our annual best contest. He won best Bottle Acquired for 2006 with this bottle. He might be able to tell you more, if you can find this auction (I just looked and couldn't find it).

Pontiled

Reaction score
Hi gang! I had one of these many years ago and sold it, darn it! With over 35 years in bottle collecting/selling, I never saw another one except this entry. I can't imagine what the retail value is because of their scarcity, but it's a real tough piece to locate.

Nice bottle!

capsoda

Reaction score
It was for a small motor that bolted to the seat post tube on the rear of a bycicle. It had a rubber wheel that touched on the rear tire and made it turn. The oil whent into a gravity feed drip cup and kept the bushings oiled. The battery and battery pack was much bigger than the motor.

I use it when my fake leg is squeaking.[;)]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4