EMPTY BOX ARRIVED FROM EBAY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

earlyglasscollector

Reaction score
Well we've all heard about these and some of us have had them....and I shall just wait a few days for the guy to reply before I hit back, but a very nice empty box arrived a little while ago from America with what should have been a nice piece of Nailsea inside, but as the box was A. way too small and B. only a few ounces in weight (as per the weight assigned to it in their USPS post office) the guy cannot claim to have had it purloined mid passage or that I am trying to say it didn't arrive ...
As I say, I'm just waiting to see what the guy has to say first, Ebay say 4 days, though they have been notified, before I take action. Not sure if the seller thinks he can pull a scam...though it was bought straightforward on ebay and paid for by paypal so he won't have much to stand on, but at the same time he has excellent feedback etc and would appear to be a long term collectibles seller, so I am just giving him the benefit of the doubt and chance there has been a weird slip up here...
Watch this space... smile emoticon[/i] Would be interested to hear of similar stories and their outcomes. Of course if there is no joy I won't exactly be keeping quiet about it and you guys out there know that earlyglass can talk a very very very lot if necessary!Update to the above, which is why I've put it here now ....CRAAAAAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok I filed a report with ebay, "not received the item", and after them giving the guy time to come back and him not coming back they have reviewed the case and found today that because I received a box....that they have found in favour of the seller in this case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, but that I should re-apply as "item not as described".....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I have done. Now I have to wait another couple days for the guy to respond again and when he does not they again make a decision.....What the hell is wrong with the world with this unbelievably muddled thinking?Ebay do say the seller stated no returns, but ebay did say their "receive what you pay for" guarantee would cover me.....ha ha ...lets see what deranged thinking lets them sidestep that guarantee this time....

Dean

Reaction score
Well, I have a similar case of an envelope package being slit open on one end upon arrival and an expensive silver dollar missing. I called my local post office in this city of 52,000 and explained what had happened and the post master told me he would check on the matter. He called back a couple hours later and said that a silver dollar had been found on the sorting line and if my information matched it was mine. I took the Ebay printout to him and the date and other information matched and my silver dollar was returned. I hope your results will work like mine[;)].Have a great day, Dean

botlguy

Reaction score
Good luck with your dilemma. Just this week I filed a dispute, was half way through it when I discovered the bottle here I had said I never received. [&:][:'(] The seller was gracious. [:D] Jim

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I heard a story of Customs opening something and repacking poorly, then it arriving broken. That doesn't quite apply though.

earlyglasscollector

Reaction score
Still having to wait for this guy to respond, but hopefully i get the opportunity to get ebay to make a decision tomorrow...

earlyglasscollector

Reaction score
RESULTS!!!!!!!!!FINALLY, after a lot of back and forth and hassle, including having to go to my local police station and get a crime number.....which they couldn't give me, but put me onto the national Internet Fraud Police department (based in London) who I rang through all the details and they were very friendly, and sent me a crime number and there is a case on their books that I can add to and they will keep on file for when this person operates again...but the crime number emailed off to ebay seemed then sufficient for them to refund me all the money.I notice the item has been removed from my purchases transactions entirely, but the seller on ebay as can be seen from various posts already was "the-nostalgic-printing-company" with seemingly various id's and at least two email addresses and an address in Fredericksburg, INAlso I notice the feedback has 7 negatives in the last month, so one way or another obviously there has been some complete meltdown with this seller.

mctaggart67

Reaction score
Really sorry to learn of your frustrations. Hope you come out on top, and don't lose your trust in others.

earlyglasscollector

Reaction score
mctaggart67 said:
Really sorry to learn of your frustrations. Hope you come out on top, and don't lose your trust in others.
yes I came out on top thanks...they refunded me like I said in the post...but no my whole business depends on trust and I'm always amazed how honest 99% of people on the internet are... :)

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen