Ever heard of this soda co.?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
It says Kurtz sparkling beverages. On the back it says "Kurtz wholesome beverages" I can't find any info on this soda let alone that the company even existed....Have any info? By the way it was made by owens-illinois. Thanks - Jon

Vt57611.jpg

Attachments

• Vt57611.jpg
    Vt57611.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 94

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
Also as you can tell this bottle has some of the painted label worn off.....Is there such a thing as restoring the label? You know, like finding a picture or something of the real one and restoring it back to original condition? I have an awesome mountain dew bottle but all the label is gone. I have a ton of bottles that need repainted. I thought they were clear at first, but if you angle a lot of bottles in the light, just right, you can see where the writing and pictures used to be..Anyways if any of you do that let me know i will definitely work something out with you

diggermeister

Reaction score
Hey RazorsEdge, Your bottle is from Indiana. It was originally filled in 1957 and came only in the 10oz size. It would be worth $15~$20+ in mint condition [:(]! It is very nice even as-is [;)].
I have many bottles with the label partly or wholly missing as well [:mad:]. I don't think that there is any way that they can be restored. I have thought of it myself but, can't figure how it could be done. Maybe a touch-up on some small scale. However, they were painted on by a machine and in layers (I believe) originally. So, I suppose if you had the ACL machine, the proper paints and original stencils (or whatever they used, what DID they use?)...
Wow! I just relized that I would love to know the process for the ACLs. I don't mean to hyjack your post, RazorsEdge, but does anyone out there know [8|]?
This might be a great topic in another forum...I'm going to do some research. There might even be some factory tours available [sm=rolleyes.gif]...

bubbas dad

Reaction score
jon
there is one of these bottles for sale on ebay as we speak. it saids that it is from indiana. as far as repairing acl lables i have not heard of it being done professionally. i believe it would hurt whatever value a bottle like that might have had to begin with. i have seen a few bottles where some one tried to take a marker and color in bad spots then try and sale it as a better condition bottle. it is usually plain to see.

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
Well that makes sense because i live in indiana....i see "and" but the rest is to rubbed off for me to tell but my guess is anderson, indiana. Where did you get that info? Also, i looked up kurtz and so forth to find that ebay listing...couldnt find it...what is it under?

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
Also, if some of the bottles i have have the painted label completely gone, is it worth ANYTHING? What if it is rare? And one last thing....Like i said in the digging/finding forum, i have stumbled onto this hobby because i fish the river here and find this stuff (go look at the post i put some pretty cool pictures on it - its titled "for a lot of easy 50s bottles") Anyways, my question is, what makes a bottle an ACL bottle?

diggermeister

Reaction score
Here's the link. I hope this works; http://www.gono.com/museum2003/paintedlbottles/paintedbottlehomepage.htm
YES!

bubbas dad

Reaction score
jon
acl stands for applied color label. it is where the label is painted directly to the bottle instead of a paper label. other bottles besides soda bottles have also used these labels. as for bottles with damaged labels. the way i look at it is if i don't have that bottle i would keep it until i find a better bottle of the same type.

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
Hey thanks you guys for the help and explainations.....Did any of you see my "looks light a light bulb to me" post? I have had no responses and i want to figure out what that bottle held in it....thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4