exploring an old Railway Junction but not yet finding bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
when doing some research thru local history books I learned about a now mostly forgotten railway junction town , there is a railway to northern Ontario that runs thru here and years ago was another railway that went east-west , its been long since abandoned and old railway is now a snowmobile trail system . where these 2 railways meet was a railway junction town and hotels and according to research rather busy back then during early 1900's period . there isn't really many old buildings left, old train station and hotels have long since been torn down or burned down . is a couple older wooden buildings still in that area that appear to be from that time period . and also 1 older wooden building beside railway . been to site a couple times , was too much snow a few weeks ago but when I went back last week I was able to walk around and take a look at area . didn't really find any old bottles just some junk and pop cans . a lot of the surrounding area was very wet and is swamp now . so not sure if I will be able to find much ,

Attachments

• 24e138dbc061449cae46f686f9528d74.jpg
    24e138dbc061449cae46f686f9528d74.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 65

RCO

Reaction score
really not sure where to look , a picture of building that is still there . so much of site is now swamp and very wet , beavers also appear to be active in area , is some dry areas and woods further away , not really sure where they would of dumped stuff . I plan to go back there and try again and maybe bring out metal detector and see if that helps in the search

Attachments

• bc2c87d75d53420c9d7e58417b02a1d8.jpg
    bc2c87d75d53420c9d7e58417b02a1d8.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 54

sunrunner

Reaction score
first look along the R R tracks . some times R R road workers would camp and leave a dump. also look behind the old barns and out buildings , if the land was swampy there is a chance people tried to fill in same area's. follow any old wagon road in to the woods , some times they will lead you to a dump. good luck.

RCO

Reaction score
I haven't been back yet maybe next weekend . the area is very swampy , I do agree its possible there is dumps there , with spring melt its very wet this time of year .I've also been trying to find some old images of the site but haven't come up with much other than a picture of station but no old postcards yet or that type of thing . that might help give me a better idea what it looked like back then , for a location that was supposedly very busy is not much to be found

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn