Factory Defects from WT&CO.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

zylcho

Reaction score
Greetings,

Have quite a few bottles from this great manufacturer that did not make the cut and were discarded. Some bottles are partially made and others still have casting neck still on them! Along with this find was globes of green colored glass. Some perfectly round others slab like with bubbles... all with excellent clarity. I have been searching and wondering if this is a collectible. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. I promise to post pics in near future.
Thank you in advance.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Greetings Zylcho and welcome.
I think the pictures will help quite a bit. Sometimes there are problems with authenticity on glass pieces like this but almost every collector would indeed keep pieces of slag glass from their favorite glass manufacturer (if they found them). I can think of one collector on here who started his collection when he was given a chunk of glass from a glassmaker. Sounds like what you have is neat, so people will definitely want them. The value of these is what would be tricky to determine (assuming they could be authenticated). Sounds like some interesting finds!

KentOhio

Reaction score
There was someone selling WT&Co defective bottles on ebay a couple years ago. Was that you? I thought they were neat and bought a few. Most of mine are Hoyt's German Cologne.

zylcho

Reaction score
Great feedback guys I appreciate it. Word from above says everything got to go (women and their disposable world) go figure. To tell the truth it was being at the right place at the right time. Well over 100 something bottles and about 100 pieces of slag. They are hurtin due to being in ground for 100+ years, but never the less they got to go. Now all I need to do is fix my camera and I will make webpage so you guys can get a gander.

Thank you for the warm welcome, you guys have something really special here.

zylcho

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: KentOhio

There was someone selling WT&Co defective bottles on ebay a couple years ago. Was that you? I thought they were neat and bought a few. Most of mine are Hoyt's German Cologne.

No sir that was not me I am a greenhorn to bottle collecting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85