Father John's

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
Anyone ever seen one of these bottles or know if they are woth anything? I'm a fairly new addition to the bottle digging game but have never run across one of these.

Gd93942.jpg

Attachments

• Gd93942.jpg
    Gd93942.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 73

snake oil

Reaction score
Oldshoe , it's Father Johns' cough syrup . As far as I know , they still make it . Looks like the bottle is early 1900's . I would guess (I could be wrong) that it's a fairly common bottle .

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Father John's medicine company goes back to 1857, but the business really didn't take off until after the turn of the century. It still is manufactured by the Oakhurst Dairy company. Check out bootlebooks.com, there's a very thorough write up on the company's history. The bottle is considered common but nevertheless a handsome bottle.[:)]

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
Cool. Thanks Norm and Snake oil. I think its pretty cool too. Like I posted in your catsup thread Norm it looks good and maybe worth something some-day[;)].

BOB

madman

Reaction score
hey old shoe is that the giant bottle, ive found alot of these bottles, but they are cool to add to a collection, heres a pic of a smaller one , does yours have the owens mark on the base, happy hunting mike

Lj23990.jpg

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
Ya know what Mike, Until you asked that I havent even looked at the bottom of that bottle till now, it has an "o" in a square with a 7 to the right of the square, but the interesting thing is that the circle around these impressed marks has a wicked rough edge to it, I know it cant be a pontil as it is a screw cap with seam thru lip but it is kinda wierd looking and actually sharp on the edges..

My bottle is 9 1/2" tall with 1 3/8"opening. What size is yours Its hard to tell from the pics..

madman

Reaction score
huh sounds like a factory defect?? can you show the bottom mike

madman

Reaction score
woops almost forgot my father js bottle is 7and a half inches yours is the family size i guess, happy hunting

David E

Reaction score
Hi Ol Shoe that O in a square is 1911 to 1929 Owens

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc