Favorite Little Fish

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Here is a picture of my favorite little fish bottle. Barely 3 in. tall this was a salesman's sample bottle. Has original stopper and lable. Digger Odell wrote a detailed article about fish bottles with several pictures. He mentioned this size but I guess it eluded his camera. It is one of my favorites in my samples and miniatures collection.
Cliff

Db84822.jpg

Attachments

• Db84822.jpg
    Db84822.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 107

Mainepontil

Reaction score
Hey Cliff~that's one nice bottle. I remember you brought it to the Portland bottle show last year. I had the table set up next to the lunch counter.

Are you going to Somersworth, NH this year. Too bad they moved it. I liked it right in Maine.

Joel

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi Portland Medman.
From the info on the lable I doubt these bottles were ever filled with product or given out as samples. I would guess they were made specificly for the sales staff at Eli Lilly when the fish bottles were first designed to show to prospective customers. As for value, who knows, pretty much determined by how much someone wanted it. To me it is priceless and will remain as part of my samples and miniature bottle collection. To others it is probably just another little bottle but I view them as little pieces of history.
Cliff

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1