More Bottles found under old House.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Not as good as my 300 under House Bottle find but better then nothing. Maybe? Got out Saturday with a Friend of mine. Poked & probed around a little but didn't find much. Then I took him to a Old House where I seen some bottles laying under it about 4 Years ago but they looked more Modern. Looked again & they were more Modern, appeared to all be from the 1930's, the cork top Med bottle probably older but it's a no name slick. I first found the very bottom or heel, sliver of a piece barely noticeable Glass peeking out of the ground, so got my had rake to dig it out, what followed was probably another 30 bottles buried around it. mostly green Slick Beer Bottles, Most Likely 1930's Altes Beer Bottles minus the Label. I'm extremely Familiar with these. I did keep a cool little pint Milk Bottle & Fish shaped Bottle, Mason Jar & a few other miscellaneous Bottles but left most behind. I left RobbyBobby's Favorite Jelly Jars behind. Pics below. LEON.

ShipperdHouse.JPG
ShipperedHouse.JPG
ShipperdHouseBottles.JPG
ShipperdHouseBottles2.JPG
ShipperdHouseBottles3.JPG
ShipperdHouseBottles4.JPG

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Hey the milk still makes the trip a success in my opinion! That fish bottle is interesting too, I was thinking it would be one of those cod liver oil bottles but never seen a wide mouth fish bottle like that before (if I'm interpreting the picture correctly that is, not certain I am). That cork top bottle is weird, looks like a decorative bottle of the sort that you find at Pier One Imports. Some sort of fancy liquor I guess?

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yeah, The Milk was one I might not have, Jersey Cream from Detroit, or I might have it, don't know. The Fish Bottle had a wide mouth, maybe it's a Large Mouth Bass LOL. The Pier 1 Looking Bottle in last pic near upper right is actually a newer Liquor Bottle some homeless Hobo probably threw under there.

Jamdam

Reaction score
Wow! This is how I got into bottle collecting many years ago. I lived in Mississippi and knew the owners of a general store in Vossburg, MS built sometime in the 1800’s. I agreed to crawl under and look for artifacts for a museum they were putting in half of the still working store. It was pier built, on a rise, and bone dry underneath. An adjacent pharmacy was long gone but many of the items I found were from there. It took a couple of days but got a ton of stuff including many old bottles. The paper items and boxes were almost like when they were made. I remember a crackerjack box, all white with a minimal logo from the early 1900’s looked so new, I checked for any left inside. The owners were so happy they offered to let me choose a few items to keep. I went for a few of the bottles and that was it. I haven’t been there in 50 years and don’t know if the store with the little museum is still there but I’m still collecting bottles. I remember one I know I still have and will post a picture in a couple of days when I’m back in town.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane Hemi!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
No not my jelly! The milk bottle is a keeper. Odd cod bottle.. lol! I like it. Great Halloween house.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Joelbest

Bucks
Reaction score
Not as good as my 300 under House Bottle find but better then nothing. Maybe? Got out Saturday with a Friend of mine. Poked & probed around a little but didn't find much. Then I took him to a Old House where I seen some bottles laying under it about 4 Years ago but they looked more Modern. Looked again & they were more Modern, appeared to all be from the 1930's, the cork top Med bottle probably older but it's a no name slick. I first found the very bottom or heel, sliver of a piece barely noticeable Glass peeking out of the ground, so got my had rake to dig it out, what followed was probably another 30 bottles buried around it. mostly green Slick Beer Bottles, Most Likely 1930's Altes Beer Bottles minus the Label. I'm extremely Familiar with these. I did keep a cool little pint Milk Bottle & Fish shaped Bottle, Mason Jar & a few other miscellaneous Bottles but left most behind. I left RobbyBobby's Favorite Jelly Jars behind. Pics below. LEON.

View attachment 228712View attachment 228713View attachment 228714View attachment 228715View attachment 228716View attachment 228717
It reminds me of the time I was doing some demolition at an old liquor store. I started to remove the drop tile ceiling in the basement where only employees would have had access and it started raining empty cans and small plastic bottles from every tile . There was enough for a case of beer for us workers ironically enough. It made me sad and impressed then drunk . If you do what you love you will never work a day in your life.

Jamdam

Reaction score
Here’s the only one of those bottles from under the store I still have. Although I don’t recall, I was just out of high school and the embossing may have helped to push my new collecting habit……

in any event, not so rare but a real beauty. This is exactly how it came out from under that store. Just soap and water to clean.
A369ECCC-212C-4834-B4BC-A4CF11DE892D.jpeg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen