"FEATHEROCK" sign

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ccpe

Reaction score
I found this sign a few years ago on a job site in Gainesville, FL. I didn't collect bottles at the time and I imagine there would have been a lot there - it's now 2 five story apartment buildings. :oops:

Attachments

• 20210606_122513083_iOS.jpg
    20210606_122513083_iOS.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 142
  • 20210606_122537048_iOS.jpg
    20210606_122537048_iOS.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 143
  • 20210606_122522164_iOS.jpg
    20210606_122522164_iOS.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 138

RCO

Reaction score
I found this sign a few years ago on a job site in Gainesville, FL. I didn't collect bottles at the time and I imagine there would have been a lot there - it's now 2 five story apartment buildings. :oops:

have no idea what " featherock " was but based on condition would assume sign was used a long time ago

some of the lots and locations I first checked years ago have since been used for other uses , most sites still exist but is some where a new home has since been built or highway project tore up the site and such

there is a shortage of land so vacant lots are in short supply in some areas

ccpe

Reaction score
have no idea what " featherock " was but based on condition would assume sign was used a long time ago

some of the lots and locations I first checked years ago have since been used for other uses , most sites still exist but is some where a new home has since been built or highway project tore up the site and such

there is a shortage of land so vacant lots are in short supply in some areas
As a civil engineer, I get to look over some lots pre-development. I got into bottling because a vacant site was being developed into a dog park. I have another huge dump site that has been used for well over 100 years that is going to be turned back into a wetland. I actually gave a really low proposal for the engineering so I could get on the site. I'll be out there every evening once they start moving dirt. I found this broken bottle last night.

Attachments

• 20210606_131048100_iOS.jpg
    20210606_131048100_iOS.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 147

RCO

Reaction score
As a civil engineer, I get to look over some lots pre-development. I got into bottling because a vacant site was being developed into a dog park. I have another huge dump site that has been used for well over 100 years that is going to be turned back into a wetland. I actually gave a really low proposal for the engineering so I could get on the site. I'll be out there every evening once they start moving dirt. I found this broken bottle last night.

that's an old druggist bottle , can't make out exact city but appears to say " lake city " FL if that makes sense for area it was found

there could definitely be some interesting finds there if its an old dump

a lot of bottles are found when sites/lots are being re developed or dug up

ccpe

Reaction score
that's an old druggist bottle , can't make out exact city but appears to say " lake city " FL if that makes sense for area it was found

there could definitely be some interesting finds there if its an old dump

a lot of bottles are found when sites/lots are being re developed or dug up
Yes it says Lake City, FL. That's where I'm located. The owner of the site said he thinks a pharmacy dumped all their old bottles/trash there. I find a lot of broken coke bottles from both Lake City and Jacksonville.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
What does the sign say? I can't make out the wording on the bottom. It's referring to the landscaping stone, right?
And that druggist shard is a really good sign, good luck at the site! Looks like it could definitely turn up some good finds.

ccpe

Reaction score
What does the sign say? I can't make out the wording on the bottom. It's referring to the landscaping stone, right?
And that druggist shard is a really good sign, good luck at the site! Looks like it could definitely turn up some good finds.
It says "we have genuine featherock landscaping boulders" with a feather going up to the right. The featherock and feather are raised metal. And I'm very excited about the other site. It vegetation is going to make it a challenge.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler