Fiery Dragon Patd Oct 30 1866, any info?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

NHkeith

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on this bottle? Does anyone else have one? Any new info would be great. thanks.

Here is what the seller wrote:
A very scarce little bottle that was blown from a deep aqua blue colored glass. It stands a bit over 4 3/4" tall, and is 1 7/8" in diameter. The lip is an apothecary style, narrow, squared, band with a sloping bottom. The base has an 1/8" raised, outer rim with a slightly depressed middle. It shows the seam marks of a hinge style mold. The body is embossed in three, vertical lines. The first line is a raised, slug plate The second line reads FIERY DRAGON and the third says PATD. OCT 30 1866 with the last 6 running off the bottle. I have always assumed that this was a pepper sauce bottle but I have never been able to find any information about it. I have only seen three examples of it in 45 years of collecting so I am calling it very scarce. This is the only slugged out version I have seen.

$(KGrHqJHJFcFHn7rjtj3BS!DeF83-g~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16JHJGEFFm0Z(Mk8BS!Der(kf!~~60_57.JPG

NHkeith

Reaction score
Thanks I will check it out.

BTW how do I size photos with the message board tags? or do I need to resize before posting?

epackage

Reaction score
Resize then down to 800 X 800, or somewhere in that neighborhood for best viewing.... Jim

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem