figurine

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diggerjeff

Reaction score
i had been trying to get permission to dig an interesting looking old house for several years. the occupant was a nice friendly guy. he was interested ,but he just rented and could not give permission to dig in the yard. one day i stopped by and he said the house had been sold and it was going to be torn down. i had to ask again !! he said do what you want, he dosent think anyone would care. i probed for hours, somthing was wrong !. the only thing that felt digable in the whole yard was an old cistern . it was pretty good sized ,6-7 feet dia. or so and 9 feet deep. 1/2 way down it started to rain. the hole is full of red bricks and everything is broken. im cold and soaking wet when i hit bottom. and this is the only unbroken piece in the entire hole. it is cheap bisque and hand painted. likley a carnival prize. i bet i worked harder to get her than the person she belonged to first.

Ki20625.jpg

Attachments

• Ki20625.jpg
    Ki20625.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 81

IRISH

Reaction score
That reminds me of that bud vase I got a while ago, dug from dusk till 2 in the morning for that one item [:mad:] .Hard to dig that sort of stuff without major damage, it's a nice thing to add to your collection anyway.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1